MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired

I wanted to Swope simply to give Tanny a familiar target. I'm sure it's easy to grill people over bad choices when they are driven purely by mass media information and popular opinion.

There is a reason GMs, Coaches and Scouts have their jobs. It's also completely irrational to compare a mere fan with limited slanted information provided by mass media with a professional evaluator who has each player's entire life and medical history sitting in front of them. Not too mention complete medical staffs to bless physical and mental competence of a prospect's ability to play in the NFL.

Sometimes, I wonder if the people keeping score truly believe if they get all of the answers right on the fan test they will actually earn a job in the front office.

If I get 2 draft picks right next year, I'll finally get that set of steak knives! Can't wait!

Ok. I will admit it. I wanted him. I saw all of the YouTube footage. He looked great, He had good 40 times. He had chemistry with
Tannehill. I drank the Kool-Aid. I got a Swope tattoo. I named my new puppy Swope. I screwed up. Now all I am left with is Swope poop and the shame of not reading the medical report of a draftee I liked. But was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I am going to work on cloning brain matter for a possible transplant not for the recently retired but those of us who did support him.

Good Luck to Ryan Swope. Now he can put that College Education to work and hopefully lead a productive and more healthy life.

Ok. I will admit it. I wanted him. I saw all of the YouTube footage. He looked great, He had good 40 times. He had chemistry with
Tannehill. I drank the Kool-Aid. I got a Swope tattoo. I named my new puppy Swope. I screwed up. Now all I am left with is Swope poop and the shame of not reading the medical report of a draftee I liked. But was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I am going to work on cloning brain matter for a possible transplant not for the recently retired but those of us who did support him.

Thumbs up to your post, but is this a joke?

Wrong not ALL of us wanted Swope as early as 3rd round. In fact, some of us didn't want him at all. Get your facts straight before you make a blanket statement like that

Yep. That's an awfully broad brush he is painting with.

I never wanted Swope. I was all about picking Stedman Bailey in round 3. Now watch him go dominate the league.

Hope everything ends up alright for him.

Just out of curiosity, does he get any contract money at all from the Cards since he never played? And I'm assuming he wouldn't be eligible for any of the benefits for retired players since he never played in the nfl either. Would be funny if he was covered by some of those benefits.

I never really had an opinion on drafting him in the first place, other than it seemed a fine pick in the later rounds if available. There are no guarantees with possible medical issues one way or another. To me, to say things like... see what a bad pick he would have been cause he got hurt in another teams camp is pointless. Would he have gotten the same concussion here? Exactly, we don't know. Was he a risk? Sure, plenty of guys are in the draft. You can't predict injuries or medical issues. Only fair way to evaluate him as a bad pick would have been to see him play and play poorly. We may never know with him right now. The world is full of what ifs. The important thing is that he stays as healthy as possible and takes care of himself. Hope he has a fulfilling life after this.

I feel really bad for the kid. So promising a career cut short. I wish him the best.

at least he was smart enough to take his doctors advice and decide not to put himself in harms way anymore.yes his football career never started but with his education he got from Texas A&M he could move forward with another dream.good luck MR.SWOOPE

Hey I was one of the turkeys that wanted him. He looked like a terrific slot receiver in the games I saw but full marks to Ireland and team on analyzing the risk and walking away. Good luck to the kid for a full and productive life.

I'll admit it: I wanted Swope. I wanted Patton before him, though. And Wheaton.

We would have grabbed him with1 of our picks had he not had concussion issues.

Yep. That's an awfully broad brush he is painting with.

I never wanted Swope. I was all about picking Stedman Bailey in round 3. Now watch him go dominate the league.
Bailey and Austin made Geno Smith. Good luck to the Jets who are not close to that talent level for him. Bust rate is high.

Back
Top Bottom