MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ryan Swope just retired

yup...I hold my hands up as well. Wanted us to bag Swoope.

Mind you I had a crush on Tavon Austin as well - lets see how that plans out.

Must be devastating news for Swoope, but I'm sure over time its the best health decision for him.

Yep. That's an awfully broad brush he is painting with.

I never wanted Swope. I was all about picking Stedman Bailey in round 3. Now watch him go dominate the league.

Ahh, yes. Stedman was another that I wanted above Swope. I think I really started advocating for Swope in the 4th (EDIT: I said I'd be okay with him at #54, but then when Wheaton, Bailey, etc were still there, I obviously wanted them first), but still wanted Patton first.

Yeah so what? Ans we also didn't have all the inside info that all the owners and gms had sooooo.......

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just goes to show how people can overreact on Draft Day. There were a lot of folks here angry that the Dolphins didn't draft Swope. It's only fair to reverse those feelings now with praise that the Dolphins stayed away from him.

I think if you reread the OP you will see he is ONLY talking to those who wanted Swoopes early in the draft. I for one was one of those. I am now glad we didn't take him of course. But the OP clearly wasn't saying everyone on the board was wanting to take Swoopes in the 3rd.

His title: "all of u wanted ryan swope as early as 3rd round...."

Maybe he meant to type "all of u WHO wanted ryan swope as early as 3rd round" but that's not what he typed

lol, you have to be of a certain age to be able to get that joke.

(Animal House)
Not necessarily, animal house was way before my time and I got it, maybe andres just doesn't appreciate good classic comedy like you and I do.

Based on his talent, I still think it was a smart gamble for the Cards to grab him in the 6th round. But yeah, I think it's obvious Mike Sherman knew what was up with his medical.

Im glad we have people with a little class on here, because the OP was tacky as hell. How can you read that he busted his ass and MADE it to the NFL but can never play a game because of head injuries....and the first thought you have is "ooooh im gonna blast ppl on a forum with this!"

Last edited by a moderator:
all of u wanted ryan swope as early as 3rd round....

Yeah so what? Ans we also didn't have all the inside info that all the owners and gms had sooooo.......

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Actually we did. I'll dig through the draft pages once I get home. I said he was a medical nightmare and it was pretty much common knowledge.

His title: "all of u wanted ryan swope as early as 3rd round...."

Maybe he meant to type "all of u WHO wanted ryan swope as early as 3rd round" but that's not what he typed

Sorry, I don't read minds, only quasi-illiterate posts from 'told you so' posters.

Back
Top Bottom