Merged: Sam Mills Dies | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Sam Mills Dies

That is horrible. I got a chance to see him play against the fins one year in Charlotte and I can say he was a difference maker. Even aside from that, he was a good person in the community that you never heard anything negative about. Mills was a good guy in the NFL and will be missed.

Dang that sucks :cry: R.I.P, you have always been a great influece is peoples life.

Sam Mills Dies

Of intestinal cancer. Aged 45. He was a great LB with the Saints along with Pat Swilling and Ricky Jackson. RIP.

He also played with The Panters in that awesome LB corps they put together in their run to lose the NFC Championsip game, two years after they came into the league, he was the MLB, and had the pride to call the shots to Kevin Greene.

A very smart and classy person/football player.

That's ashame. RIP Sam. I only wish he could've gotten his Super Bowl with Carolina. I could only imagine how much him and Mark Fields must have bonded together because of everything they've both been through. My prayers go out to his family.

I live in NC and this catches me by suprise as well. But then I guess it shouldn't knowing what I know about Sam. A guy who made Zach Thomas look tall but had the preverbial heart of a lion, yet never really wanted the attention to be focused on him even when he was sick.

""He's definitely the best coach I ever had," Panthers linebacker Will Witherspoon said. "I got to talk to him the last couple of weeks and I knew that he wasn't doing well, but he never wanted to bring that up."

The man was a class act and really embodied the undersized player who's giant heart refused to let something like size stop him from living his dream. He attacked his cancer the same way he did running backs.....head on.

"Originally given just a few months to live, Mills battled the cancer and didn't miss a single game that season. He scheduled treatment for off days to cut down on his time away from the team, and he often had to coach from the press box that year to preserve his strength."

Mills embodied the words of Jimmy Valvono "Never give up....never, ever give up". All the way to the end this man was a warrior, a hero, a dad, and just to damn young to die.

""Although it can be said that he left his imprint on the NFL as a player, it is his legacy as a human being that serves as an example for all of us to follow," said Bill Kuharich, Kansas City's vice president of pro personnel, who was with Mills with the Stars and Saints."

We've gotta beat cancer...it's really pissing me off!!!

God bless your Family Sam.

:(

Who ever we draft i just hope they play with the same love of the game he had.

Back
Top Bottom