Merged: Sam Simmons / Why not using Tolver and Simmons?/ Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Sam Simmons / Why not using Tolver and Simmons?/ Thoughts

BeatCrazy2

FanFromBirth
Reaction score
Sam Simmons

I know he is small, but I would love to see Sam Simmons get some touches somehow. Whether it be catching the ball or a reverse or returns, he seems to be too explosive and elusive to be sitting on the bench. At least thats what I gathered from preseason. It would be worth a shot , we need a spark on O.

I couldn't agree more. I would like to see Tolver get in a game also. What are they afraid of, that they would drop a pass?

Give DT another game or two to show up...or dissapear...
Our passing game is ranked 28th in the league and you can't put it all on Jay's shoulders...Man i've seen Warren Sapp do a better job pass catching than DT...Mcknight is no game beater either...He did get that reverse but he's payed to be a threat in the PASSING GAME not the running game...we've got Ricky and Konrad for that...

I think the consesus would be that if Thompson doesn't show up for again, the two youngin's will get their shot. Let us hope that if that comes to pass, at least one shows up because if they don't., there is a fat bast*rd by the name of Oronde Gadsen who could be back.

i read wanny's Q&A in dolphin digest and he said he really wants to get sam simmons on the field, so i'm thinking he's the first option when they go to the young guys.

Originally posted by DPlus47
i read wanny's Q&A in dolphin digest and he said he really wants to get sam simmons on the field, so i'm thinking he's the first option when they go to the young guys.

heres what you do. instead of mcnight getting the end around, sam simmons becomes the guy so teams dont key in on mcnight to pull somehting like that again. they will be looking for it. sam simmons is great in the open field IMO. then you let him return a kickoff and see what happens. I think he should be back there with rogers especially if he can block.

Barring injury, Simmons is not seeing anytime as long as McK is playing well; but since he plays flyer on the return coverage he is active. Tolver is not even dressed, so he will not be playing unless DT really drops off the face... I still think there are not enough balls enough to go around with RW, Konrad, McM, CC, DT and Mck as well as Jay running it, so why add 2 more hands ???

Originally posted by fairbanksb
What are they afraid of, that they would drop a pass?

Well, we know how Norv's offense is with the three receivers. Norv rarely uses a fourth receiver, as we all know. But then again, Simmons is VERY versatile. Something that Norv loves.

We'll see.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I couldn't agree more. I would like to see Tolver get in a game also. What are they afraid of, that they would drop a pass?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, if they did, then I guess we wouldn't be able to tell them apart from Thompson then. :lol:

Sam Simmons did nothing on kick returns in the preseason. It was ONLY punt returns where he shined. Rogers proved last Sunday, that if he gets some room.. he can boom.

I agree they should have some plays on offense to involve simmons. Then we could see what kind of threat he is....well, as long as they get him the ball.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Sam Simmons did nothing on kick returns in the preseason. It was ONLY punt returns where he shined.

I only got to see one preseason game and in that one Sam was the most impressive of the two. Let's just say that I agree that Rodgers is the better option on kick returns. Then give Sam the punt return duties. If we keep playing well defensively there probably won't be a lot of kick return opportunities anyway.

Rogers proved last Sunday, that if he gets some room.. he can boom.

The same thing could be said regarding Sam.

Back
Top Bottom