Merged: Sam Simmons / Why not using Tolver and Simmons?/ Thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Sam Simmons / Why not using Tolver and Simmons?/ Thoughts

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Sam Simmons did nothing on kick returns in the preseason. It was ONLY punt returns where he shined. Rogers proved last Sunday, that if he gets some room.. he can boom.

Anyone can move when you give them some room. Give me Minor back there....he can move them even when there isn't room to run.

Minor's a diamond in the rough that just isn't getting his chances.

I'd like to see Sam get some catches probably in a Hail Mary type of situation since he is pretty fast.

I would not. He is a slot runner. Would get chomped and badly licked in a jump ball situation.

it won't matter if he's open with everyone covering either chambers or mcknight

Defense don't ignore WRs period. There will still be some loose coverage on him and with how floaty Fiedler's deepball looks defenders will get more than enough time to get to the ball, have some tea, read the paper, play backgammon, and intercept the ball.

well i guess ur right on the floaty deepball, i wonder if Griese's long ball would make a difference

Originally posted by Regan21286
I'd like to see Sam get some catches probably in a Hail Mary type of situation since he is pretty fast.

We saw him against Houston. Hail Mary's are nothing. Even Kevin Swyane gets in on those..

It ain't too bad. Watch Rex Grossman and you will know how the ball is. Nicely packed with above average zip. Not a monster cannon like Vick.

lol, I haven't seen many deepballs except for Fiedler's and those don't look very good

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Give me Minor back there....he can move them even when there isn't room to run.

Minor's a diamond in the rough that just isn't getting his chances.

I'm not saying that Minor can't be effective as a return man but think about this. Dante Hall sure isn't running over people and look at the success that he's enjoyed. He hardly gets touched.

Why are we not using Tolver and Simmons?

These guys are loaded with a talent and they are not even seeing a snap.

I would like to see them playing more with Griese at QB.

Even if the results were no better, we at least tried instead of sitting around waiting to implode.

I also think getting Dixon and Konrad back will help.

DON"T JUST SIT THERE!!! DO SOMETHING!!!!

Simmons and Tolver/ Thoughts

Can someone tell me where the hell Tolver and Simmons are?
Did we not see them light it up in preseason?
Can we not get them in the game at all?
I think the reason DT got so many balls is the that everyone started yapping about it and lo and behold.
We need YACs and Simmones and Tolver were giving us that from what I saw. I mean really, do these guys ride the pines the rest of the year? What is that?
And please let one of these guys return KOs and punts. Rogers has showed nothing at all this year.

Here is another question. After watching Trent " 4.1 Forty " Green last night, why doesn't Jay bootleg more? Like, oh I don't know,
last week when we are on the 2? Fake to RW and haul ***.
If running is supposed to be one of Jay's strengths, then run him.

I have read a million posts about Jay/ Griese/ playcalling , etc.
I'm not sure at all, and I don't think anyone else is sure, what Griese can bring. The thing with JF, is that he will make the impossible throw and then follow it up with a pass 15 yards off the mark or into triple coverage.
Missing the mark is a talent thing, IMO. You can't teach that.
You can teach not throwing into triple coverage, and Jay does it every week. Usually after a pinpoint 30 yard pass.
What do you do? Put the whole season in Griese's hands?
Not sure I like that idea either.
Let's see how JF looks in the next couple games.
I think if he s**** the bed in SD, we will be looking at Griese anyway.

I do agree with some of the posts that if Mare makes that kick,
a lot of these discussions are not taking place and the coaching staff gets a pass for another week.
And was I high, or did that kick look good?

Travis Minor should be back on kick off returns...he was great last year...IMO. He was very close to breaking one...almost everytime.

well someone else needs to be back there returning kicks, be it Simmons, Tolver, or Minor... i have never been a believer in the "well, we are paying him alot, so we have to play him" mentality, but that seems to be what's up with Rogers. i have said it before, i will say it again on these boards: Rogers return philosophy seems to be find the guys in the other jerseys and run into them as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom