[MERGED] Slight Rogers Update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Slight Rogers Update

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Matt Roth discussed in trade talks. Detriot is looking for a pass rusher and Roth has showed signs of being a solid rusher. His short arms are what hold him back and keep him from being a dominate run stopper. A team like Detriot that runs a cover two would be interested since the scheme thrives on under sized players. Minnesota is another that needs a rusher, and they also run a cover two.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Matt Roth discussed in trade talks. Detriot is looking for a pass rusher and Roth has showed signs of being a solid rusher. His short arms are what hold him back and keep him from being a dominate run stopper. A team like Detriot that runs a cover two would be interested since the scheme thrives on under sized players. Minnesota is another that needs a rusher, and they also run a cover two.

trade roth for rodgers n throw in a 7th next year lol what a steal that woudl be its detroit nething is possible

Are those fans serious ?? Vilma and a 4th for Rogers ?? Vilma, in the right scheme can be a monster ILB although somewhat injury prone (could be due to the way Mang-goofy uses him), but he's a much better player than Rogers...

Rogers is another stop-gap player for us on the DL, although that way of doing it has worked for us...And of course, can Sparano get out of him that which Marinelli can't...

Drafdaddy says the four teams are atlanta, titans, Bills and Jets. The highest offer is a 4th rounder to date. I find it hard to believe that the Phins are not in the mix. Take it for what its worth...

Update for Rogers

The consenus is that he will go to either the Raiders or Broncos. Not Fins or Jets. I would love to see him here though if motivated.

as far as roth goes, I think if parcells didn't have a plan for him he would have been cut or at the very least be in some kind of trade talks this season.

why waste time on the kid, if we already think this year, that he is a goner next year.
just cut your damn losses and move on.,

Drafdaddy says the four teams are atlanta, titans, Bills and Jets. The highest offer is a 4th rounder to date. I find it hard to believe that the Phins are not in the mix. Take it for what its worth...

Expect a Vilma for Rodgers trade and maybe a 5th or a 4th added from lions to the jets.

as far as roth goes, I think if parcells didn't have a plan for him he would have been cut or at the very least be in some kind of trade talks this season.

why waste time on the kid, if we already think this year, that he is a goner next year.
just cut your damn losses and move on.,

you cant cut everyone. and you cant have a team full of overachievers. roth can provide depth.

also, with a player that young, i am sure the staff would like to see what he can actually do.

According to this Mlive article, we are NOT frontrunners. My bet is it is between us and the Jets or the jets and the Bills. the Jets could easily offer jonathan Vilma for Shaun Rogers. I hope our team is a front runner, but don;t wanna give up to much. Here's a link on the latests.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/lions_will_be_skeptical_until.html

Having said that, and knowing the situation can change by the minute, here's the latest from the rumor mill: Even though Miami's Bill Parcells has spoken very highly of Rogers in the past, the Dolphins are not believed to be among the frontrunners in the current negotiations.

Ok UPDATE

Guys perha[s I have to much time on my hands due to a tendon relpacement surgery on my ankle. However, I have posted the Shaun Rogers info several times. The 2 AFC teams that are interested aren't the FINS or the JETS...

IT IS

DRUM ROLL
the Broncos and the RAIDERS!!!!
It would be great if we get involved too but only for a low pick..
IMO

Personally, I would not touch Rodgers. He is coming off being hurt, he is overweight. If we need a inside player so bad, than I would much rather draft Dorsey or Ellis than sign Rodgers who would be a huge (pun intended) risk.

The consenus is that he will go to either the Raiders or Broncos. Not Fins or Jets. I would love to see him here though if motivated.
i never want to see anybody in a dolphins uniform that may not be motivated. i dont wanna trade anything for a guy who's not motivated.

Back
Top Bottom