Merged: STEELERS' Game... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: STEELERS' Game...

FINintheMOON

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All,

I am trying to set up for the STEELERS' game. I need to get a head count for tickets and sleeping/travel arrangements. I would also like to know whether you would be willing to stop on the way to the game and pick someone up. I am willing to foot the bill to buy a block of tickets for a given section so that we are all together but I need to know who has funding and who does not... This will give me an idea of what kind of funding we need to develop/come up with. I will also do the same for all future games, but I do require payment up front from those that can and to know who can’t pay for it all… This can only be determined after the schedule comes out though…

I would encourage all to be fair and if you get help from the site to get to a game, you contribute as you can to help others get to one as well... It doesn't take much, short yourself of a soda or 2 during a week or eat a peanut butter sandwich for lunch instead of buying and send the savings to help another... You would be surprised to the amount of money we ALL spend on little things like that! And with everyone contributing, it will go a LONG way! With all the members that we have, there is no reason that we can't get everyone to 1 game this year... And if we drive a few miles out of the way to pick up a fellow FINFAN, that will work too...

Please send me an e-mail with the following information if you would like to, or plan to attend:

1) Departure Location
2) Transportation (do you need or are you covered and willing to pick up)
3) Funding (what do you have… What do you need)
4) Tickets (Do you need, how many, financial assistance)
4) Accommodations ( Hotel, Camping, none)

It is a Thursday night game so unless you live close, plan for at least 1 night… I have included some links below for neighboring hotels and camp grounds and their distance from the stadium… Group rates will be much better by 15 – 25% for the hotels and the campgrounds would be great too as we could all get together after the game or for the weekend…

PLEASE BE as specific as possible on your needs, desires, etc… I will be running a weekly posting in the TAILGATE forum from this point forward so visit often. I will start with the first game and work my way through the schedule once it is posted… The earlier we can get everyone involved, the better the seats and the better accommodations we can get… If you can help with the effort for a game in your area, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Camping:

Closest campground
http://www.koa.com/where/pa/38179/index.htm

Lodging:

Hotels/Motels
http://www.butlerwebs.com/pittsburgh/lodging.htm#Hotels%20&%20Motels
Depends on what you want… A place to sleep or a place of luxury… If you are willing to drive about 30 – 45 minutes, rate drop off…

Transportation:

If we get enough from a central location, we can charter a bus to and from the game with beverages and snacks for the ride to and from the stadium…

The rest are based on individual needs… Again, if you are assisted in getting to a game, please help where you can to get another there…

STEELERS’ Home site:

http://media3.steelers.com/

Their stadium… http://media3.steelers.com/article/44292/

I AM SERIOUS about this people!!! Let’s get this thing ROLLIN!!! IF you can’t, or do not want to attend this game, please donate a couple of bucks to help another… However, please wait til you get the word from me to donate as I need to get all this worked out with the mods… I am sure that you would rather send your money to the site than to me…

As for our brothers outside the continental US, I would like to set a goal of getting at least 3 of them to a game this year… IT may be difficult to make happen, but I have faith in our members…

You can e-mail me at kmcgaffic@msn.com Again… This will be the last broadcast message so please check in on the TAILGATE forum for future updates and news…

GO FINS!!!:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Hey this is the best idea ever i want to go to the game so bad but i dont know any dolphin fans here in pittsburgh. Im going to do my all to gather some money up for a ticket, I just need to wait and see how much tickets are. 100-250 range im good but if it gets into the 500 range then prob. not

i might be interested so PM me more info and i will get back to u later. Im on vacation rite now so it mite be a little bit b4 i get back 2 u.

Simmer Finner said:
When is it that tickets go on sale for this game??????
does anybody know?!!

Tickets go on sale in May... I will be the first there to get as many as I can... Let me know and I will put you on the head count for a seat...

Count me in! Just ley me know where contributions can be made. If I can help someone else get to a Phins game, I'll be more than willing to send in some donations.

finfever4ever said:
Count me in! Just ley me know where contributions can be made. If I can help someone else get to a Phins game, I'll be more than willing to send in some donations.

Will do finfever... As soon as we get something established, I will let you know! THANKS for your reply and your willingness to give bubba!!!:D

Dolphins vs. Steelers...Anybody going?

Hey whats up everyone? I am going to the Thursday night game with a group of 6 people. Is anybody else trying to go to the game? I am just wondering how people are getting tickets. Also, when people do get tickets, let me know what section you get in so we can all cheer together for the Dolphins. Go Fins!!

I aam hoping i am going, bro-in-law has season tickets in Pitt.

joeyme_2004 said:
Hey this is the best idea ever i want to go to the game so bad but i dont know any dolphin fans here in pittsburgh. Im going to do my all to gather some money up for a ticket, I just need to wait and see how much tickets are. 100-250 range im good but if it gets into the 500 range then prob. not

Joey, I am putting together, with the help of the Admins, a list of all FINFANS within a given area to publish soon... This should not hold you back though. The whole point of this effort is to try and get everyone to a game this year. Please check back frequently as updates will be made on a weekly basis for all games and events, whether it be attending a game or meeting for a gathering...:D

Latest Update all... Here are links for ticket purchases and parking available.

http://media3.steelers.com/tickets/

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/07/29/11/North_Shore_Parking_55091.pdf

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2005/07/29/11/Downtown_Parking_55090.pdf

The 2 PDF files take a few seconds to load... Also, on the tickets, single game tickets at the Steelers go on sale in May and must be submitted via mail... So if you would like to attend, let me know so that I can get a letter to them before the end of the month. I haven't gotten ticket prices as of yet. I hope to do so tomorrow so check back...

I would like to go after one of the pre-sold lots so that all that attend can hook up for a tailgate. Please let me know if you plan to drive or need to park...

I am planning to go to this game if i can get tickets that arent too expensive. I have a friend who lives in pitt so i can hopefully talk him into goin to the game with me.

FINintheMOON said:
Tickets go on sale in May... I will be the first there to get as many as I can... Let me know and I will put you on the head count for a seat...

I am looking for 6 tickets for my two buddies and their wives to go with my wife and me. Do you think you could get some for us? PM me with a price range.

Back
Top Bottom