Merged: Surtain for Feeley/Feeley Trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Surtain for Feeley/Feeley Trade

shouright said:
We gave him AND his outrageous Drew Rosenhaus-driven contract demands away.

His salary demands weren't outrageous. He's one of the best young defensive ends in the league.

KB21 said:
His salary demands weren't outrageous. He's one of the best young defensive ends in the league.
So why did his production drop then? That's why the restricted FA period is in place in the league, so players can demonstrate a CONSISTENTLY high level of production before they're awarded a huge contract with a ton of guaranteed money. If Ogunleye keeps doing for Chicago what he did last year they'll be in cap hell because of that deal and we'll be signing new guys who can produce. They'll look back on that deal as a team-wrecker. That's why we didn't get much in return -- it was a huge risk for Chicago. Wally has to produce or they look REAL stupid guaranteeing him all that money.

KB21 said:
Did David Bowens get 15 sacks? No. Why not? Didn't he have Jason Taylor on the other side as well?

Oh, BTW. Just as I told you before the season. Jason Taylor had another season where he did not get double digit sacks without having an end on the other side getting double digit sacks. Jason Taylor benefitted from Adewale Ogunleye just as much as Ogunleye benefitted from Jason Taylor.

David Bowens simply isn't that good. He couldn't keep teams from double teaming Jason Taylor like Ogunleye did, and he couldnt' take advantage of the one on one match ups that presented themselves like Ogunleye did. Of course, over the last 8 games of the 2003 season, Ogunleye was drawing the double teams.

But we gave him away for a friggin wide receiver and a third round pick.
A wide receiver who is virtually the same age and had already two thousand yard seasons and a pro bowl appearance AND a third round pick for a guy who only played 12 games and recorded 5.5 sacks- that is a bad trade. Why don't you wait to see who that third round pick is before you make that assumption.

gottahavefootba said:
In my madden Franchise I traded Surtain for Brees.
Should've done that before last season -- we might've finished better than 4-12....

KB21 said:
Miami has a nasty habit of undervaluing their own players and basically giving them away in trades. They did it with Ogunleye, and now they have done it again with Surtain.

:roflmao: Ogunleye :roflmao:

KB...

You are aware that we lost both DTs who started for us in 2003 by the end of the Cincy game in 2004, right? Don't you think that might have a tiny bit to do with why Bowens and Wale didn't put up identical numbers?

KB21 said:
Did David Bowens get 15 sacks? No. Why not? Didn't he have Jason Taylor on the other side as well?

Oh, BTW. Just as I told you before the season. Jason Taylor had another season where he did not get double digit sacks without having an end on the other side getting double digit sacks. Jason Taylor benefitted from Adewale Ogunleye just as much as Ogunleye benefitted from Jason Taylor.

David Bowens simply isn't that good. He couldn't keep teams from double teaming Jason Taylor like Ogunleye did, and he couldnt' take advantage of the one on one match ups that presented themselves like Ogunleye did. Of course, over the last 8 games of the 2003 season, Ogunleye was drawing the double teams.

But we gave him away for a friggin wide receiver and a third round pick.
JT didn't get double digit sacks because nobody ever had to throw the ball to beat us. Losing Bowens and Chester in the middle contributed to JT's lack of production more than losing O-Gun.

Jimmy James said:
KB...

You are aware that we lost both DTs who started for us in 2003 by the end of the Cincy game in 2004, right? Don't you think that might have a tiny bit to do with why Bowens and Wale didn't put up identical numbers?
ya beat me....:mad:

i think a good trade would be trade our #2 pick PLUS A.J. Feeley to the Redskins for their 2 1st round picks, Rod Gardner and Patrick Ramsey :)

Jimmy James said:
KB...

I do not see it that way, because Jason Taylor didn't make Kenny Mixon a double digit sack guy either.

The only people who have supposedly benefitted from having Jason Taylor have been natural pass rushers themselves.

KB21 said:
I do not see it that way, because Jason Taylor didn't make Kenny Mixon a double digit sack guy either.

The only people who have supposedly benefitted from having Jason Taylor have been natural pass rushers themselves.

You're making a conclusion about Bowens I'm not sure I agree with here, but that somewhat explains your position.

Back
Top Bottom