Merged: Tell me about Henson / Carr on Henson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tell me about Henson / Carr on Henson

Kistner10

Starter
Reaction score
Can someone tell me about Henson

I dont remember watching Henson playing at Michigan. I looked at his stats and they look good but he only started 8 GAMES through his career. Plus he hasn't played in 3 years, but people are still considering giving up the 20th pick for him. There is no way i would do that! Will you guys tell me what is so special about him because i'd much rather have Losman or Rivers. I've never seen him play but it looks like he could be another Hutchinson.

Henson

Drew Henson would have been top 5 draft pick material had he stayed in school and went to the draft. If you want Losman over him, you obviously haven't seen him play. Chad Hutchinson can't hold his jock.

No one is considering giving gup THIS years 1st round for Henson. Next years 1st (which is equivalent to a second this year) is the proposition. As for info.... He was a top 5 overall pick. Can make ALL the throws. Known to be a leader. Good size, 6-4 220. Good legs, runs a 4.7. Has everything physically one would want and seems like he would have been ready emotionally 3 years ago. He took the big $$ from the yankees because baseball has more longevity and the bucks were guaranteed. Now it has not worked out and is coming back to his best sport. OH and he is 24. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw him on a clip rolling right, outrunning a LB and throwing back left 60 yards plus on the $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!! WOW!!:eek:

Hey dread.....anyway you could post that clip? I have seen notta on Henson and would Love to see that!

Originally posted by Dbergan
Hey dread.....anyway you could post that clip? I have seen notta on Henson and would Love to see that!

I would love to but not technologically proficient (ask muck) and saw it on sportscenter. Sorry. looked good though :eek: It was one of those plays where the coach was like " no...no...nooo.noooooo....nooooooooooo... nice toss drew!!!!!" He seems to be able to do things that others only dream. That could be trouble as the winners seem to only play within their game and those with extreme talent push too much. Maybe rivers is best suited, but I gotta say Henson talent.....:jawdrop: :drool:

I went to a coaching clinic in Las Vegas this past weekend, and Henson's college coach was one of the speakers there (Lloyd Carr). Anyhow, The coach was talking about his days coaching Qb Tom Brady and Henson and the crisis that potentially arose when Henson was a soph / and Brady was a senior.
Brady was viewed by the team as their leader and most the players that were upper classmen wanted Brady to start. Henson on the other hand was making spectacular plays and many of the younger team members, boosters, and coaches though Henson was the man. Even Coach Carr said he thought Henson was the most talented player he has ever coached.
He brought both players in and talked to them about what was going on, and made mention to Henson that his primary responsibility in the situation was to make sure the team did not become split over who should play.....He said Henson responded by making sure he supported Brady and kept things positive.
Coach Carr had alot to say about both players, but it struck me as a real plus for Henson that he put team before self and that so many regarded him as the better of the two players.

Talent, yes. Anything else? Has not even close to been proven. He's played eight games. People really need to think about things a little more. The NFL is fast and he's played eight games above high school is seven years!

Think about that, he's started eight football games in seven years. Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown, Akili Smith all had a ton of talent as well. I'm not dismissing him, but their are potential caveats everywhere you look with this guy.

The reason he only started 8 games at michigan was because he quit the team to pursue his baseball career. The Yankees offered him a lot of millions so he left

Its a lot of talent. I pray that if the Dolphins do not get Rivers, they do get Henson or the other way around. Both would be something to really look forward to. Guys who are actual threats at the QB position.

Rivers may not scare people initially with that awkward throw of his, but he'll scare division opponents by his 2nd or 3rd year...cuz they'll know that he sees the ENTIRE field.

Lloyd Carr talks about Drew Henson

From dolfantalk.com Credit goes to DOLFANMIKE

I went to a coaching clinic in Las Vegas this past weekend, and Henson's college coach was one of the speakers there (Lloyd Carr). Anyhow, The coach was talking about his days coaching Qb Tom Brady and Henson and the crisis that potentially arose when Henson was a soph / and Brady was a senior.
Brady was viewed by the team as their leader and most the players that were upper classmen wanted Brady to start. Henson on the other hand was making spectacular plays and many of the younger team members, boosters, and coaches though Henson was the man. Even Coach Carr said he thought Henson was the most talented player he has ever coached.
He brought both players in and talked to them about what was going on, and made mention to Henson that his primary responsibility in the situation was to make sure the team did not become split over who should play.....He said Henson responded by making sure he supported Brady and kept things positive.
Coach Carr had alot to say about both players, but it struck me as a real plus for Henson that he put team before self and that so many regarded him as the better of the two players.

Cool! The more I here about Henson the more I like him. I would take Rivers or Henson. Either would make me equally happy. Brunell would be nice, but there are so many rumors going around about him right now, that I am not thinking about that for a while. Come March/April we'll know what's going on.

If he put the team before himself why did he quit and play baseball? Oh I remember because of all that money. Just like everyone else in the league he will be all about the money.

Wow, i had no idea that this guy was that good 3 yrs back...he could have been a 1st round draft pick??? Wow, we have so many very good possibilities in this draft I will just go insane if we dont pick up a QB. Eli, Ben, Henson, Rivers, if we cant get 1 of these guys there is no excuse. Henson and Rivers are much more in our reach we should be able to get one of them. I think it would be cool if we got Henson because that would add alot to our already enormous rivalry with the Patriots. They had all that history together and all the debate on who should start etc, it would be cool if Henson was our QB and those 2 faced off every game.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Wow, i had no idea that this guy was that good 3 yrs back...he could have been a 1st round draft pick??? Wow, we have so many very good possibilities in this draft I will just go insane if we dont pick up a QB. Eli, Ben, Henson, Rivers, if we cant get 1 of these guys there is no excuse. Henson and Rivers are much more in our reach we should be able to get one of them. I think it would be cool if we got Henson because that would add alot to our already enormous rivalry with the Patriots. They had all that history together and all the debate on who should start etc, it would be cool if Henson was our QB and those 2 faced off every game.

now that would be a rivalry. just like marino vs grogan back in the days. i wouldnt mind see this.

Back
Top Bottom