Merged: Tell me about Henson / Carr on Henson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tell me about Henson / Carr on Henson

if he's looking for a team that suits his talents...we're half way there I guess.

Whether you want to see that positively or negatively. We all know what we have and dont have so I wont bother repeating it again.

Hopefully he sees the potential in Miami that we all see

Originally posted by fins4o8

now that would be a rivalry. just like marino vs grogan back in the days. i wouldnt mind see this.
:confused: :confused: I don't remember any Marino vs the "giraffe".......I know Tony Eason was drafted the same year as Danny but, don't remember if he took over the starters job as quickly Dan did in Miami......I's confused.....

I think Ken O'Brien was drafted same year as Marino, didn't he play for the Jets for a while?

Any AFC East rivalry between QBs would have to revolving around Jim Kelly and Dan Marino I mean come on.

Originally posted by Brad528
If he put the team before himself why did he quit and play baseball? Oh I remember because of all that money. Just like everyone else in the league he will be all about the money.
And so would I if I had the opportunity. An athlete has an average of about 10 years to get the big money. It's wise to capitalize on that and get it while you can.

Originally posted by fins4o8

now that would be a rivalry. just like marino vs grogan back in the days. i wouldnt mind see this.
Marino and who? That was before my time. Please enlighten me and the other 20 somethings on here. :)

Steve Grogan was the worst quarterback in the original Tecmo Super Bowl. Somehow he was the starter on New England even though his backup had better stats, and he was literally the lowest rated QB in the game behind every single team's backup QB I believe.

The best part about playing with Grogan was bombing it 60 yards down field and watching the ball soar up to the moon (out of screen) and travel forward at like an inch per second and not come back down until the WR has been sitting in the endzone for five minutes eating a ham sandwich waiting for the ball to come down. The only comparable m00nball in that game was Don Majkowski.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Steve Grogan was the worst quarterback in the original Tecmo Super Bowl. Somehow he was the starter on New England even though his backup had better stats, and he was literally the lowest rated QB in the game behind every single team's backup QB I believe.

The best part about playing with Grogan was bombing it 60 yards down field and watching the ball soar up to the moon (out of screen) and travel forward at like an inch per second and not come back down until the WR has been sitting in the endzone for five minutes eating a ham sandwich waiting for the ball to come down. The only comparable m00nball in that game was Don Majkowski.
Thanks. NE was in the original Tecmo? I didn't remember that. I used to LOVE that game! I always used the Bears. Walter at RB all day on the draws and sweeps and Singletary at LB...Dave Duerson at SS. Those were the days. :)

The only bad thing is when you played the Raiders, you had to pick the draw play to Bo Jackson every time, or else he was takin it at least 30 yards. :lol:

Steve Grogan took the Patriots to the Super Bowl in '85. Threw more INTs than TDs in his career. Kinda like Joe Namath, but not as big a differential. :lol:

Grogan's stats

Originally posted by Muck
Steve Grogan took the Patriots to the Super Bowl in '85. Threw more INTs than TDs in his career. Kinda like Joe Namath, but not as big a differential. :lol:

Grogan's stats

Tony Eason led the Pats to the Bowl............Grogan stepped in after an injury.............

The great Tony Eason.

Hmm DolFan you might be thinkin of the original Tecmo Bowl...not Tecmo Super Bowl.

On Tecmo Super Bowl the RBs for Chicago are Brad Muster and Neal Anderson (who is a beast on TSB). The Safeties are Shawn Gayle and Mark Carrier...CBs Lemuel Stinson and Donnell Woolford. Heck Jim Harbaugh was the QB. But you're right about Bo Jackson. He was one baaaaaad mamma jamma.

Back then the Phins had Dan and Scott Mitchell, Sammie Smith, Tony Paige, Marc Logan, and Troy Stradford at RB, Mark Clayton, Mark Duper, Tony Martin, and Fred Banks at WR, Ferrell Edmunds and Jim "Crash" Jensen at TE, Jeff Uhlenhake, Keith Sims, Hank Galbreath, Mark Dennis, and Richmond Webb at OL. On D we had Jeff Cross, Shawn Lee, and Karl Wilson at DL, Hugh Green, John Offerdahl, Cliff Odom, and David Griggs at LB, JB Brown, Tim McKyer, Jarvis Williams and Louis Oliver at DB. All defenses in TSB were of course, the 3-4. Hehe.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Hmm DolFan you might be thinkin of the original Tecmo Bowl...not Tecmo Super Bowl.

On Tecmo Super Bowl the RBs for Chicago are Brad Muster and Neal Anderson (who is a beast on TSB). The Safeties are Shawn Gayle and Mark Carrier...CBs Lemuel Stinson and Donnell Woolford. Heck Jim Harbaugh was the QB. But you're right about Bo Jackson. He was one baaaaaad mamma jamma.

Back then the Phins had Dan and Scott Mitchell, Sammie Smith, Tony Paige, Marc Logan, and Troy Stradford at RB, Mark Clayton, Mark Duper, Tony Martin, and Fred Banks at WR, Ferrell Edmunds and Jim "Crash" Jensen at TE, Jeff Uhlenhake, Keith Sims, Hank Galbreath, Mark Dennis, and Richmond Webb at OL. On D we had Jeff Cross, Shawn Lee, and Karl Wilson at DL, Hugh Green, John Offerdahl, Cliff Odom, and David Griggs at LB, JB Brown, Tim McKyer, Jarvis Williams and Louis Oliver at DB. All defenses in TSB were of course, the 3-4. Hehe.
Yeah, I was talking about the orig Tecmo. I never really played the other ones that much. ;)

Well Tecmo SUPER Bowl was also for the NES. Tecmo III was the SNES version.

TSB was by far the most widely popular version. Its inspired more than a few online leagues that draft players, make trades, etc.

In fact, me and a buddy founded one of those leagues and its still running strong like 3-4 years later...very very popular. It was the only High Speed Members Only league in existence back when we started it though I'm not sure if thats true today. We were its original Commissioners. I've been since kicked out cuz I'm no longer on high speed hehe. Actually I kicked myself out cuz of that. D'OH!

Back
Top Bottom