Merged: The main reason why I think Ricky is clearly staying. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The main reason why I think Ricky is clearly staying.

nick1 said:
I beleive the reports about us and Denver talking about a Ricky trade, I don't beleive the details like what sort of draft choice it would be

- To date, no trade conversations have occurred, other than the possibility of them in Broncos headquarters. If a trade does occur, it likely would be for a conditional second-day pick. Even though Denver will have two first-round picks and potentially two third-round picks, it would not part with a first-day pick for Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9204058

Still believe it now???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
- To date, no trade conversations have occurred, other than the possibility of them in Broncos headquarters. If a trade does occur, it likely would be for a conditional second-day pick. Even though Denver will have two first-round picks and potentially two third-round picks, it would not part with a first-day pick for Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9204058

Still believe it now???...

PHINZ RULE!!!
and thats a fact? no you can't say for sure

Miami1 said:
I think it would be a stupid move to get rid of Ricky. Everybody always talks about the future, why not win now. By getting rid of solid players now, for unproved players, hoping they will develop, isn't gonna win a superbowl. By the time a rookie or newcomer is able to develop, then you are going to have more gaps to fill with the aging and departing of other players that are already established...So I say keep Ricky, build off of the team they have now, and win now, instead of trying to bring in unproven players with the hopes of them getting the job done. With a full off season for Ricky to get back into football shape, and with full training camp, pre season, etc, there is no reason why Miami will not have two 1000 yard backs this coming year. With a backfield with a 1 - 2 punch of Brown and Williams, that will enable Miami to pound away on defenses, wear them down, and take control of games in the 4th quarter. Especially early in the season down in Miami with all that heat, and opposing teams not being able to deal with it.

On another note, if Miami is able to pick up a good receiver this off season, somebody who has some play making skills, that could be a compliment to Chambers, that would allow Miami to really drive defensive coordinators nuts. If they can get their hands on a good receiver this off season, they could either move Booker to 3rd down receiver, or have there new addition as the 3rd receiver. That with McMichael continuing to improve each year, when you add all those factors in, plus Brown and Williams in the backfield, then I think Miami's offense would be tough to stop. Defenses would not be able to stop an offense like that. If they put 8 in the box, then they would have the receivers to get the ball down field. Another good receiver would not allow teams to double up on Chambers, if teams doubled up him then you have Booker, McMichael, and hopefully another solid addition this off season.

If they fill in a couple holes in the secondary...then I think that Miami can be a contender in the AFC in 2006, and we all know where the Super bowl is next year. That would be sweet to see.

There is one problem...who's gonna be the throwing the ball to these guys ?? Gus...welll, he showed that he can't get the job done last year, showed that he is nothing more than a backup QB. You really think he can take us to the next level....I don't...

The main reason why I think Ricky is clearly staying.

See now, I see him as fuzzy staying; possibly even muddled staying.

But definitely blurry staying in any case.

LarryFinFan said:
There is one problem...who's gonna be the throwing the ball to these guys ?? Gus...welll, he showed that he can't get the job done last year, showed that he is nothing more than a backup QB. You really think he can take us to the next level....I don't...

I guess I saw something different then you did. I mean sure, Gus will throw at least 2-3 balls that are just off line. However, if you were to take 75% of the drops and add those to his stats I'm sure he'd look much better and maybe we win an extra game or two. The WRs and questionable play calling cost us two games, those get us into the playoffs. Gus isn't the long term answer but he deserves some respect for his limited skills.

I Like The Ricky/ Ronnie Backfield...

Though Brown Needs To Get Reps As A Pass Catching/blitz Pickup Fullback... And Sam Morris To That And Its Good

AquaAssasin said:
Ricky has no value! Are you smoking crack? Did you see him last year when Ronnie went down. This is actually Value. Ricky is still a dominate runner paired with the fact that he is cheap.

Why would we want trade a player that can contribute at that level..

Seriously think about it!

Yeah, I thought about it but Ronnie is the future and I would be extremely happy to unload ricky for a first round pick. First round picks are the future stars of this team. Would you trade Ricky for a Sean Merryman, Mark Clayton(of tampa bay, not the Dolphins legend), Markus Trufaunt, Carson Palmer or Eli Manning? If not I would respectfully question your sanity, Those are first round picks and they will be around for a long time. Is there anyone here who would honestly not trade Ricky Williams for Jay Cutler, Ngata, Huff or Hawk? Its not like he is the only pro bowl calibre back we have.

bigmiamifan said:
I guess I saw something different then you did. I mean sure, Gus will throw at least 2-3 balls that are just off line. However, if you were to take 75% of the drops and add those to his stats I'm sure he'd look much better and maybe we win an extra game or two. The WRs and questionable play calling cost us two games, those get us into the playoffs. Gus isn't the long term answer but he deserves some respect for his limited skills.

I have to agree here

Back
Top Bottom