MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Its Feb 1st, time to shift to baseball.

Could be an interesting month. We could see Bernie retire and then see Roger announce his return at some point this season.

Looks like Bernie was only offered a minor league contract. I dont think he will take it. I think he will explore his options then retire or sign somewhere else

Bernie Williams is leaning toward accepting the Yankees' offer of a minor-league contract, two people familiar with the situation told Newsday yesterday. The 38-year-old, ultra-popular outfielder is aware that he'll be a long shot to make the 2007 Yankees, the sources said. But after spending all 16 of his big-league seasons as a Yankee, he has no desire to play for another team, and Williams figures that if he doesn't make the cut, he'll retire in Yankees pinstripes. Should Williams move forward and agree to the non-guaranteed deal, he would give Yankees fans a likely final chance to thank him, albeit in exhibition games, for his outstanding career. But he also would make himself one of the focal points of the media, from the first workout until the close of camp. Williams has made it clear in recent interviews that he's not ready to retire. Yet both his strong family ties - he makes his full-time home in Westchester - and his appreciation of his place in Yankees history have made him reluctant to join another team.

OK, now that I took care of the "DOB" for the rest of the 2007 season in this thread , let's get back to baseball.............

Looks like Bernie is going to take the Yankees minor league offer, show up for spring training and put the pressure on the Yanks to cut him!!!!

OK, now that I took care of the "DOB" for the rest of the 2007 season in this thread , let's get back to baseball.............

Looks like Bernie is going to take the Yankees minor league offer, show up for spring training and put the pressure on the Yanks to cut him!!!!

I don't know why the Yankees just don't keep him on the bench with Melky, Phillips, and Cairo. Cairo and Phillips can play just about any infield position so it's not as if they need another infielder. Bernie should just suck it up, be the 5th outfielder, have 100 at bats, and make this his victory lap. Everyone knows it will never work out for him if he goes to another team. See Patrick Ewing!

I don't know why the Yankees just don't keep him on the bench with Melky, Phillips, and Cairo. Cairo and Phillips can play just about any infield position so it's not as if they need another infielder. Bernie should just suck it up, be the 5th outfielder, have 100 at bats, and make this his victory lap. Everyone knows it will never work out for him if he goes to another team. See Patrick Ewing!

The Yanks should have never signed Manlkadjslkvitch to play 1B. That roster spot could have been given to Bernie, Giambi could have played more games at 1B and let Bernie DH more and all of this could have been avoided.

The Yanks should have never signed Manlkadjslkvitch to play 1B. That roster spot could have been given to Bernie, Giambi could have played more games at 1B and let Bernie DH more and all of this could have been avoided.

I agree I think that was a wasted signing by the Yankees but since they seem to be in love with D.M.'s defense, I think that is why they made the signing. Bernie should just suck it up and either retire and take a job with the Yankees or accept the job of being the 5th outfielder. Someone is going to go down this year whether for a long period of time of a short stint on the DL so the more we have in the outfield, the better off we'll be. Bernie is another uniform is blasphamis!

I agree I think that was a wasted signing by the Yankees but since they seem to be in love with D.M.'s defense, I think that is why they made the signing. Bernie should just suck it up and either retire and take a job with the Yankees or accept the job of being the 5th outfielder. Someone is going to go down this year whether for a long period of time of a short stint on the DL so the more we have in the outfield, the better off we'll be. Bernie is another uniform is blasphamis!

Bernie has already stated, if he does not make the team, he will retire. He does not want to play for any other team.

SCREW THE YANKEES!!!!!!

GO BLUE JAYS!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to knock the "we try to buy the world series every year" team from the top.

As you can tell I hate the Yankees cause all they do is win with there high payroll, like they should. I wish you guys were in a different division.

Jays are always screwed with the bosox and yanks.

SCREW THE YANKEES!!!!!!

GO BLUE JAYS!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to knock the "we try to buy the world series every year" team from the top.

As you can tell I hate the Yankees cause all they do is win with there high payroll, like they should. I wish you guys were in a different division.

Jays are always screwed with the bosox and yanks.

Tell your owner to stop being a cheap *** Canadian.

Back
Top Bottom