Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

It's simply question of $$ vs. draft picks and which you'd rather save.

If you'd rather save the money or want to spend on other FAs, then yes, the draft has many talented centers who could be had for cheap. But it would cost a draft pick that could otherwise go to other areas of need.

If you'd rather save draft picks and don't mind breaking the bank a little, Brown is the favored option.

Personally I'm ok with spending on Brown as long as we can still afford a safety (Bell or Wilson - max. 4M/yr?), a 2nd tier cornerback (Bodden/Bartell - 3M/yr?), and Coles (5M/yr?).

I will tell u, Bodden or Bartell will cost much more than 3 million a year lol, probably more than double that. Coles may be only 3 million a year.

Anyways, if Brown wants 8 million a year, forget about Brown. Use a 2nd round pick on a Center and use that cap space on another guy. That is too much money for a Center. Hell that is more than our RT, I mean wtf, seriously.

I'm saying this right now, forget getting Brown. let someone else overpay. I say draft one and get L. Coles and go for cheaper unkowns who can strenghthen our ST or OL.

I'm saying this right now, forget getting Brown. let someone else overpay. I say draft one and get L. Coles and go for cheaper unkowns who can strenghthen our ST or OL.

i agree that i dont want to be in cap hell. but center seems to be our weakest spot on the line. i would rather potentialy "waste" money on a proven tough versitile center, than "waste" a pick on a center. but i fully trust what the FO does so, either way im fine. mabey im worng and satele is the answer. idk?

Ravens Cut Off Talks With Jason Brown

I know this should be merged, but here is the latest.

Albert Breer of SportingNews.com reports, at the PFT safe haven site, that the Baltimore Ravens have cut off talks with free-agent-to-be Jason Brown.
Specifically, the Ravens have informed Brown that the player isn’t in their plans for 2009.
Brown, a center in Baltimore, could also play guard with a new team.
One team that reportedly will be sniffing around Brown come midnight (if not earlier . . . if not already) is the Dolphins. Last year, Miami had a deal with guard Justin Smiley less than 30 minutes into the free-agency period. This year, Brown could be the next guy to negotiate a multi-multi-million-dollar contract from scratch, with no advance discussion or dialogue or communication of any kind, within an hour after the period for having permissible discussion or dialogue or communication of any kind begins.

I dont see us spending big money to upgrade center. I personally think we will draft another one. We have three pretty sizable contracts on our line.

Wow, now the bidding begins...I hope we don't break the bank..but it's a nice addition if we get him.. I still like the guy from AL..I think he's a monster in the making from this draft class.

I dont see us spending big money to upgrade center. I personally think we will draft another one. We have three pretty sizable contracts on our line.

Agreed, unless they can come up with a salary cap friendly contract, I dont see this deal happening. Hell who knows anymore. So far the Trifecta has pleasantly surpirsed me in the last two offseasons, Anything is possible with them.

I wonder how much they sell the FL no state tax thing during contract negotiations with FA's from other states?
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom