Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Jason Brown Thread/Signed With Rams

i saw earlier tonight on espn bottom line that it said ravens were gonna tag Suggs..This would be great news

Not only that, but they have also stated they are willing to throw top dollar at Ray Lewis as well. Jason Brown or Bart Scott are surely hitting the FA market, if not both.

Maybe we get both of them...Wow that would be great!!! :hi5:

Get Brown....BPA @25, WR @55, and D the rest of the way, for a deep, scary Miami Dolphins team in 2009!

Brown will improve our run game big time. I just hope Carey stays as well and our o-line will be ready. Now DT OLB CB WR with 4 picks between the 1st and 3rd rounds and still more cap room in FA we should get those holes filled i hope.

The most interesting part of the story is the mention of Donald Thomas and nil mention of Vernon Carey. Writing on the wall perhaps?
The funny thing is that I was actually reading something about them possibly trying Thomas out at RT (I can't remember where I read it).

what??? if we really want him we're gonna have to make him the highest paid center in the game. someone will make that kind of offer to him if we don't.

if you decide a guy is a must have in free agency you either go all out or watch him go elsewhere.

you, my friend, would be a poor negociator in eastern countries :lol:

i understand you don't want to lose the guy, but it's just like those Ebay auctions... no one uses the "buy it now" feature (most of the time) on football tickets. You know some people want them, but you don't want to pay a hefty price to make sure you get something you suspect would be available at a cheaper price at the end of the auction...

the same things goes in free agency imo... and i think he'll receive a good but not incredible offer... the most important thing is to throw him the first offer, and try to lure him to miami by talking him into it just like we did with cameron wake.

if somebody outbids us, look for the dolphins to do the same thing they did with calvin pace, and that is let the other team "win".

we have the money to spend, i am confident that if suggs is in fact tagges which i also saw reported on espn, and brown is allowed to test free agency..he will indeed be a miami dolphin next season

Miami Dolphins looking to upgrade at center position

But after a postseason analysis, this Dolphins administration has decided it must upgrade at center and has interest in signing Baltimore free agent Jason Brown, according to two people in contact with Miami's front office.

The Dolphins want a center bigger than Satele (295 pounds) and one who will create more of a push on running plays.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/908623.html

Lets hope the Dolphins can land Brown.:hi5:

sweet. i hope we get brown. although i wonder what will happen to satele?

who cares what will happen to him

who cares what will happen to him

We all should care, who wants to waste another second round pick, especially for a guy who has so much promise. I personally thinks he if he stays on the team after Brown is potentially signed . . . he wins a guard spot . . . and does real well at guard. I definitely wouldn't mind getting a second - third rounder for him either.

sweet. i hope we get brown. although i wonder what will happen to satele?

Either he'll move to guard, which I'd be happy with or we'll get a 3rd, possibly 2nd for him.

Win win situation as far as I'm concerned.

If there's any truth to the Boldin for 25 and 2010 3rd rumours, you can bet your dollar Jeff has spoken to any available trade partners trying to get that extra 2nd.

I have a good feeling about Brown. I think he'll be a Fin. I also think we'll re-sign Carey. An OL of Long, Thomas / Satele, Brown, Smiley / Satele, Carey would be, quite frankly, sick.

That would leave us three first day picks to go after ILB, DB and NT.

Wow. Those thoughts get me seriously excited.

Either he'll move to guard, which I'd be happy with or we'll get a 3rd, possibly 2nd for him.

Win win situation as far as I'm concerned.

If there's any truth to the Boldin for 25 and 2010 3rd rumours, you can bet your dollar Jeff has spoken to any available trade partners trying to get that extra 2nd.

I have a good feeling about Brown. I think he'll be a Fin. I also think we'll re-sign Carey. An OL of Long, Thomas / Satele, Brown, Smiley / Satele, Carey would be, quite frankly, sick.

That would leave us three first day picks to go after ILB, DB and NT.

Wow. Those thoughts get me seriously excited.

Yep, resigning Carey and signing Brown and converting Satele to G/backup C. . . really we IMO no longer need to look at OL in the draft . . . outside of a late round pick on a OT for depth purposes. That can be had in the 7th with one of our 3 picks.

That would be 8 guys that would be SOLID on this line . . . plus we still have Ndukwe . . . who yea he wasnt great last year . . . but u can't take away that he had 16 games starting under his belt, plus he can play OT . . . and Shawn Murphy, who I still think this organization likes. That is 10 guys on the OLine . . . about what we will carry on the roster.

We all should care, who wants to waste another second round pick, especially for a guy who has so much promise. I personally thinks he if he stays on the team after Brown is potentially signed . . . he wins a guard spot . . . and does real well at guard. I definitely wouldn't mind getting a second - third rounder for him either.
Even if we land Brown, I think Satele still stays. He will either be the backup center or compete for one of the guard spots. Unless a team comes knocking with say a 3rd round pick, I don't see Satele being traded.

Back
Top Bottom