Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

I'm not the one calling it a competition, Cam is. You can interject whatever you want, but until he pulls a Saban, I'm going to take Cameron at his word.

Well...DUH!!!

:lol:
Even though I'am not a CP fan, (I've made my comments), If Cam and Randy believe in him, that's all that really matters. I won't stop loving the Miami Dolphins because of it.
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Right, Mueller did that in New Orleans one year. I think it's a possibility to bring 4 QB's into camp, being Daunte/Green/Carr, a rookie, Lemon and that Hamdan kid from Indiana. I just don't see the reasoning behind putting Culpepper and Green or Culpepper and Carr both in camp with a rookie. That's an awful lot of money tied into that position, and if I remember correctly, we can actually save like $1.3M by cutting our losses with Daunte now. IMO, I'd personally like to see Green brought in because he already knows Cameron's offense, Lemon's familiar with it - that's 2 sources right there to give a rookie, whether it be Quinn, Stanton, Kolb etc. insightful knowledge to take over in a year. Keeping Hamdan as a 4th QB would add another experienced player in Cam's offense to give the rookie knowledge, not to mention and nice practice squad player.
Again, I think it was Boomer or CK that pointed out that Cam's offense and Linehan's offense aren't all that different. Either way, competition is always a good thing. Bringing as many pieces together and letting them battle it out, regardless of position strength, can only help a team.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about Hamdan. If he can help us out, all the better. :)

[/b]

One hit to anybody and they could be finished. I think that if the Dolphins bring in Green, they will go after a QB in the draft. I also believe that if the Dolphins aquire Carr, that might be a long term deal and our draft will change.
Aquire Green=drafting a QB
Aquire Carr=Front office is set at QB for the future and will persure other needs in the draft.
When a player suffers a concussion, they are more susceptible to another and more serious concussion. Many major sports stars have had their careers end prematurely or had their perfomance drop dramatically (Lindros, Lafontaine, Chrebet, etc), so to rely on Green to stay healthy is a little risky. If he goes down in preseason, we're left with Lemon and a rookie (If Pep is released). Not a very comforting thought.

I gurandamntee you that the same people who are calling for Culpepper's head will be the first to attack Green/Carr or a rookie QB the exact moment in which they might struggle.

Good news, since a 37 year old QB is the missing piece to our championship puzzle for next year.:rolleyes2

HAHAHAHA... the sarcasm is oozing... I love it.

in addition...like2god is smart... some of you could learn a lot reading and actually understanding his posts.

When a player suffers a concussion, they are more susceptible to another and more serious concussion. Many major sports stars have had their careers end prematurely or had their perfomance drop dramatically (Lindros, Lafontaine, Chrebet, etc), so to rely on Green to stay healthy is a little risky. If he goes down in preseason, we're left with Lemon and a rookie (If Pep is released). Not a very comforting thought.

If a team is scared to get a player hurt, then they need to put a skirt on her. The NFL is a rough sport and you need to play some preseason in order for things to work. I recall that Dan Marino played in the preseason games and the fact he played in the 1994 preseason games after he tore his heel up in 1993. I also recall that he look terrible in those games but did fire 5tds in the opener. Do you think Don Shula was scared to play Marino in the preseason? Of course, but you have to. Injuries happen. Never want any player to get injured, but it happens.

I gurandamntee you that the same people who are calling for Culpepper's head will be the first to attack Green/Carr or a rookie QB the exact moment in which they might struggle.
And with our OL, that is a real possiblity.

Not true.
I just don't care for CP, never have and looks like I never will.

I recall that Dan Marino played in the preseason games and the fact he played in the 1994 preseason games after he tore his heel up in 1993. I also recall that he look terrible in those games but did fire 5tds in the opener

Well **** thats because he was Marino.:lol:

The thing is no matter who we bring in, our fans will never be satisfied with our QB because he's no Marino.

Newsflash: There will never be another Marino.

If a team is scared to get a player hurt, then they need to put a skirt on her. The NFL is a rough sport and you need to play some preseason in order for things to work. I recall that Dan Marino played in the preseason games and the fact he played in the 1994 preseason games after he tore his heel up in 1993. I also recall that he look terrible in those games but did fire 5tds in the opener. Do you think Don Shula was scared to play Marino in the preseason? Of course, but you have to. Injuries happen. Never want any player to get injured, but it happens.
It's not about manhood and how tough a guy is, it's about the type of injury. Green could get another concussion from something as simple as falling down or trying to make a tackle, he doesn't neccesarily need to be hit in the head. Culpepper could be hit in the knee and the odds of him suffering further injury or a reaccurance isn't as great as it would be for Green, it just isn't. You don't mess around with a head injury.

Back
Top Bottom