Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

It's not about manhood and how tough a guy is, it's about the type of injury. Green could get another concussion from something as simple as falling down or trying to make a tackle, he doesn't neccesarily need to be hit in the head. Culpepper could be hit in the knee and the odds of him suffering further injury or a reaccurance isn't as great as it would be for Green, it just isn't. You don't mess around with a head injury.

So if I read you correctly, Troy Aikman should have retired after his first of eight concussions? I'am not saying that Trent Green is the long term answer, only fools would say that, but as a short term, why not? The Dolphins are in a major rebuilding mode and why not bring in a guy like him to teach the NFL game to a young QB.

So if I read you correctly, Troy Aikman should have retired after his first of eight concussions? I'am not saying that Trent Green is the long term answer, only fools would say that, but as a short term, why not? The Dolphins are in a major rebuilding mode and why not bring in a guy like him to teach the NFL game to a young QB.

First off, Troy was not 37 when he had his first concussion. Secondly, Troy's I believe were not as serious. Green's was serious, he sat out 7 to 8 weeks I believe it was. As L2G said you dont mess with a serious head injury. Especially if he is an old gezzer. Its hard enough to compete at the NFL level when are 100%.

As to your question above. Green is not the answer short or long term. he would be a waste of time, cap space, and a roster spot. If he is brought in though LOL, I will have to find a way to root for him.

First off, Troy was not 37 when he had his first concussion. Secondly, Troy's I believe were not as serious. Green's was serious, he sat out 7 to 8 weeks I believe it was. As L2G said you dont mess with a serious head injury. Especially if he is an old gezzer. Its hard enough to compete at the NFL level when are 100%.

As to your question above. Green is not the answer short or long term. he would be a waste of time, cap space, and a roster spot. If he is brought in though LOL, I will have to find a way to root for him.

Watch what your calling a geezer sonny!:ninja:

I hear ya bro! It's pathetic! :rolleyes:

what's pathetic is the blind love and devotion you pepper lovers show to a man who has done absolutely nothing for this team but take alot of money and all you have to back up your desire for him is stats from 3+ yrs ago prior to a blown out knee, that is what's so pethetic.

Im a little concerned into exactly what KC wants in return for Green now the interest is being shown by the lions. If the lions offer them more that we're willing to give up, you will see Carr in Miami instead.

No, you didn't read me correctly.

I'm not saying that Green should retire, what I'm saying is that his injury could end his career at any time. It could be in preseason, the 1st game of the season, next year, the day after we sign Green and drop Culpepper, it could happen at any time. That prospect is just too risky, why would anyone want to rely on Green to be the starter knowing that every snap, every hit, everytime he wakes up in the morning could be his last as the Miami Dolphins starter?

Now if he was brought here to compete with Culpepper (another proven NFL QB) then that is a bit different. In that scenerio, if Culpepper is the starter and he goes down, Green is the backup. If Green is the starter, then you have Daunte waiting in the wings. Honestly, I would prefer someone other than Green on the team, that's just my own personal opinion. Green was a hell of a QB, but his injury scares me. Some people never fully recover from concussions and it ruins their lives.

And according to Cam, the Phins are not in a major rebuilding mode. If they were, you probably would see Zach, Taylor, Porter and Chambers on different teams right now. We have a lot of holes for sure, but this isn't a major rebuild.

No, you didn't read me correctly.

I'm not saying that Green should retire, what I'm saying is that his injury could end his career at any time. It could be in preseason, the 1st game of the season, next year, the day after we sign Green and drop Culpepper, it could happen at any time. That prospect is just too risky, why would anyone want to rely on Green to be the starter knowing that every snap, every hit, everytime he wakes up in the morning could be his last as the Miami Dolphins starter?

Now if he was brought here to compete with Culpepper (another proven NFL QB) then that is a bit different. In that scenerio, if Culpepper is the starter and he goes down, Green is the backup. If Green is the starter, then you have Daunte waiting in the wings. Honestly, I would prefer someone other than Green on the team, that's just my own personal opinion. Green was a hell of a QB, but his injury scares me. Some people never fully recover from concussions and it ruins their lives.

And according to Cam, the Phins are not in a major rebuilding mode. If they were, you probably would see Zach, Taylor, Porter and Chambers on different teams right now. We have a lot of holes for sure, but this isn't a major rebuild.

Shute well said L.

Good news, since a 37 year old QB is the missing piece to our championship puzzle for next year.:rolleyes2

Bring him in if it means we Draft Quinn as well to come in ala Brees/Rivers. Green is so short term its ridiculous if we dont draft a QB. If we get that scenario we have got Lemon and thats it presuming we let Culpeppper go. I personally would like to see Pep get a chance. The guy has had a big knee injury so im edging towards giving him a chance to show us his talent but i hope we get a QB in the draft.I think hes been getting a rough deal with some quarters. If we get Carr i dont think we would be going for QB this Draft. If we go Green its almost a cert we go for a QB in the draft.

Of course Cam won't say that this team is in a major rebuilding mode. How could he look Taylor and Thomas in the eye and say that? How could they land Joey Porter then? They are not gearing up for a Super Bowl run, like the Broncos or Patriots are doing. Look at the personal changes, cutting/releasing/trading away major players from last season. Read between the lines, this team is rebuilding.

what's pathetic is the blind love and devotion you pepper lovers show to a man who has done absolutely nothing for this team but take alot of money and all you have to back up your desire for him is stats from 3+ yrs ago prior to a blown out knee, that is what's so pethetic.
The point is, he hasn't done anything for this team because he came back too soon. Why piss away a draft pick without knowing what you have?

If we draft Quinn and he plays like crap next year or goes down with an injury after only 4 games, should we turn on him and dump him too? Or would that be a waste of an asset?

The point is, he hasn't done anything for this team because he came back too soon. Why piss away a draft pick without knowing what you have?

If we draft Quinn and he plays like crap next year or goes down with an injury after only 4 games, should we turn on him and dump him too? Or would that be a waste of an asset?

I agree, but we must not put all our eggs in basket with CPep, we must find option #2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom