Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

What's with this Green is familiar with Cam' offense. Cam hasn't changed his offense since the 90's? That's rather troubling.

Many of the teams that run the West Coast use the same terminology that Montana used to run the same plays.

"dante he just needs a little time"
miami doesnt have a little time. our defense is getting old so he have to win now. in about 3 years we will be losing our best two defensive players to retirement, zach thomas, and jason taylor.

i hear that but the thing is, who else can lead our team? we gonna try to coax manning to come to miami? we have to look at what options we have:
1. Give DC another chance, which may take time
2. Rely on a rookie QB, which will take time
3. Rely on Trent Green, who is gonna be gone in a year or so, and do you really think we're ready to "make a run" this year? i don't think we are.
4. Rely on David Carr, who may or may not take time to learn the system, but has experience and the tools to make it happen within 2 or 3 years.

IMO i think 1 and 4 are the best options, because Green is going to get worse while we're trying to rebuild, and a rookie can't be relied on to win in his first year. I think our best bet is to sign Carr, draft a rookie to groom, and keep CPep as competition for Carr in camp. (I guess this would mean letting Lemon go which i'd hate to see, but maybe he could battle for the 2nd position with whoever between cpep and carr isn't the starter, then cut the one who loses that battle) In the event that this is the case, yes there aren't good 'mentors' for a rookie QB in Cpep and Carr, but honestly that's what the coaching staff is there for and i don't think 'mentoring' is the biggest issue at the moment. just my thoughts though.. if we went into the season with the best 2 of Cpep/Carr/Lemon and a rookie QB to groom, i'd be pretty happy.:dolphins:

Let them earn it man.... I would love the Fins to pick up Green & Carr....may be strechn' it but I do not feel Culpepper can make the right choice when pressure is on.....time will tell!:lifter: :lifter:

I also would love the fins to pick up both Manning brothers this off season, but there's a big issue called salary cap. If Green is picked up, there's no way Carr may get in the list and vice versa.
I still trust in Daunte even his knee is not recovered. Cleo may become the next big thing but as Cam seems to be lurking everywhere else, this points to figure that the gap for him is still too big.
On the other side, I've been according with drafting an stellar rookie QB like Quinn, but this formula can fail miserably.

If he does not receive another chance AT LEAST during the offseason and preseason with us i will be extremely upset. we have barely seen the guy play in a Dolphins Uniform.

And yet somehow I feel like we've seen too much.

"although the Chiefs are believed to be interested in draft picks."

That is scary!

Why even bother with Green when you can have a YOUNG washed up recycled QB named Carr to plug the "expierenced" gap!!?? Give up draft pics for a 36 year old fragile ......Why not get Gus back?:rolleyes:

I too will loose a lot of faith in the new FO and cam if we bring in trent green.

If we are going to bring in somebody to compete with cpep, make it somebody who if they win the competition... will at least be around for 5-6 years to stabilize the position a bit.

Trent is the smart move he doesnt have to learn much of the offense and he can be a great mentor

We cannot continue trade away trade picks......this will only ruin the building process of the team.............trading is what got us in the position that we are in now.............

I agree - why trade for a 36 yr old wash-up? I'd rather take my chances on Culpepper, Lemon and draft a QB. I'd rather see us sign David Carr than give up a pick for Green. Carr always looked good against the Fins - in fact I think he was 2-0 against us :goof:

I agree - why trade for a 36 yr old wash-up? I'd rather take my chances on Culpepper, Lemon and draft a QB. I'd rather see us sign David Carr than give up a pick for Green. Carr always looked good against the Fins - in fact I think he was 2-0 against us :goof:

:yeahthat:

Depends on who you consider the starter. if Culppeper gets healthy than green is not an upgrade. I would rather explore a trade for David Carr than green. Hell play Cleo if we have to.

Everytime someone tries to support DC their comments are prefaced with "IF". That's the whole problem, if this or if that. He is one big question mark and I don't think our FO is willing to rely on a question mark.

Everytime someone tries to support DC their comments are prefaced with "IF". That's the whole problem, if this or if that. He is one big question mark and I don't think our FO is willing to rely on a question mark.

just out of curiosity are you trying to tell me there would be no if's and's or but's with trent green or david carr????

I too will loose a lot of faith in the new FO and cam if we bring in trent green.

If we are going to bring in somebody to compete with cpep, make it somebody who if they win the competition... will at least be around for 5-6 years to stabilize the position a bit.

I wouldn't be disappointed if the FO brings in Trent Green. I WILL be disappointed if we acquire Trent Green and if he is just given the starting job.

Back
Top Bottom