Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

Thanks for the link!
Mueller seems to have his head on straight... saying to the effect he'd rather win during the season than win on paper during the offseason.
For some reason kinda reminds me of Shula's last season with the Dolphins and we had like 15? or some number? of former 1st round draft choices that overall didn't play well as a team (losing to Buffalo on the road in the playoffs)

There is a 1on1 interview with Mueller at Miamidolphins.com

I wouldn't want to play poker against that guy. He's no nonsense, no expression. Seems like he's good for the job. What was Saban thinkin not letting him do it last season?

I think hes quoting some texan fan who was in here yesterday they he heard on the Radio that The Texan organization was saying Carr won't play again.. which is total B.S. Espn or some news outlet would have got a hold of that by now.. And noone has has said anything about it.

Peter King put it in his latest column. He has a lot of sources and has had some personal contact with David Carr, says do not be surprised if he retires.

He wouldn't say it without reason.

Thanks for the link!
Mueller seems to have his head on straight... saying to the effect he'd rather win during the season than win on paper during the offseason.
For some reason kinda reminds me of Shula's last season with the Dolphins and we had like 15? or some number? of former 1st round draft choices that overall didn't play well as a team (losing to Buffalo on the road in the playoffs)

Yeah, in 1995 Miami had 19 former 1st rounders on the roster and that season ended badly. I remember Steve Entman, Keith Jackson, etc....a lot of injuries and under-performing.

The way the salary cap has balanced the NFL, we have to start valuing the draft and I think that Mueller does that.

For all the offseason moves Miami has made, I believe that retaining Randy Mueller with prove to be the best move!

Peter King put it in his latest column. He has a lot of sources and has had some personal contact with David Carr, says do not be surprised if he retires.

Now that would be shocking! He must have really had his spirit broken in Houston....it will be interesting to see where this goes. If Carr has ever even mentioned the word "retire" then I do not want him near Miami...once that mentality creeps in then its over.

Yeah, in 1995 Miami had 19 former 1st rounders on the roster and that season ended badly. I remember Steve Entman, Keith Jackson, etc....a lot of injuries and under-performing.

The way the salary cap has balanced the NFL, we have to start valuing the draft and I think that Mueller does that.

For all the offseason moves Miami has made, I believe that retaining Randy Mueller with prove to be the best move!
Yeah I hope so... Keeping Mueller and getting Porter....and getting a second round pick for Welker.
Steve Entman, guy played pretty well, especially considering he blew out both ACL's before coming to us from the Colt's (still stings remembering him running a fumble for a touchdown against the fins one year for like 70yds)
Keith Jackson played alright, but I think Marino, Bowens, and Troy Vincent were the only guys playing consistently well, sad to see Vincent leave when Jimmy came along .....a Tom Olivadatti run defense I believe in that last season with Shula (is he dead yet?)

That is absurd. He is still very young. Peter King isnt anymore effective with his columns than other analysts. Actually, in his weekend pickoff column last year he was horrible, close to 50 50 and most of his proposed scres didnt even come anywhere near where he thought it would have. Give Carr a line and Im certain he does alot better than in Houston. To get sacked an average of 50 times a year and not miss a game due to injury and still have around a 65% completion should speak volumes.

You know what is funny, a lot of Chief fans(from their boards) seem to think they might get a 2nd rounder. Most of them seem convinced that at the worst they will get a 4th rounder plus a pick in 2008. :lol: Come on Chief fans, it is either a 7th rounder or no deal. Miami is not going to overpay for Trent Green.

Just voicing my opinion that I wouldn't give up the last pick in the draft for Trent Green. Ole Mr Grey Hair is one shot away from retirement and KC is probably going to release him anyway. If thats the case, he's coming here for free. KC should turn the parking lot around Arrowhead stadium into a used car lot.

I believe I would give up a 7th for Green just for his veteran presence, leadership, experience and insurance. But I think Peterson is crazy if he thinks Green at 37 and coming off a serious concussion is worth a second round pick and a player. He isn't worth a 4th round pick or a 5th or a 6th. Thats JMO but it seems like common sense to me.

Last night, on ESPN's pre draft special, The Chiefs were on the clock. A very interesting point was brought up. Well, I thought so.

They said after Green's return he was very tenative and indecisive.

Thoughts?

The Browns have reportedly joined the race to acquire Trent Green.

The Browns have reportedly joined the race to acquire Trent Green.

Detroit has also expressed mild interest. K.C. will wait for Dolphins GM Randy Mueller to return from vacation to resume talks. Chiefs GM Carl Peterson said Wednesday that a deal could be on hold until April's draft

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

I really hope Green does what Joey did last year and blocks the trades to Cleveland. The Browns seem to want every QB we are trying to get. They did it last year with Joey and now they are trying again with Green. Why dont they just sign Joey he is a FA.

Back
Top Bottom