Merged: The Redskins have gone mad! / Champ Bailey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Redskins have gone mad! / Champ Bailey

Originally posted by MNFINFAN

Definitely what I thought, my neighbour works for the Vikes and he said that he thought in FA they were going after a CB, they have mucho cap and need one badly.

MNFNFAN...,Ask your neighbor what the outlook on Willie Offord (DB) is, if you don't mind. Willie is a real good kid from my home town. He won a starting job his rookie yr. got hurt and didn't win his starting job back although he still played some.

None of this makes any sense whatsoever. Champ bailer is a frikkin' uFA. teams cannot trade players that are UFA. What can they trade? the player is not under contract the only possible way is for the Skins to re-sign him next month and then trade him, but that wouldn't make any sense cuz i'm sure Bailey will want a big chunk ($$$) up front and that would be a big hit for the Skins to take this year. besides, the Skins are not in that bad of shape capwise, about 5.6 mil under or thereabouts. if he doesn't have a deal on the table ready to sign on3/3, or whenevr the first day is, look for him to get the franchise tag slapped on him.

The reason he is able to be traded is he doesn't become a FA until sometime in March. When his rights are traded the new team has the ability to tag him.

That means the team that trades for him gets either by signing him or franchising him.

Great deal for the Skins if they weren't planning on re-signing him.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
The reason he is able to be traded is he doesn't become a FA until sometime in March. When his rights are traded the new team has the ability to tag him.

That means the team that trades for him gets either by signing him or franchising him.

Great deal for the Skins if they weren't planning on re-signing him.
For all practical purpose, he is a FA right now. Contracts don't effectively expire til the end of the month and then FA begins.

Back
Top Bottom