Merged: Tim Rattay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tim Rattay

I think he is restricted in 2004. He was a mid-rounder in 2000. Probably signed a 3-year deal.

He is looking gooooooooooooood.

Looking good against the Steelers Defense.....

Question with him was if he was just a college QB and arm strength. Can you guys tell if he has the arm strength or not.

Originally posted by Jaj
Question with him was if he was just a college QB and arm strength. Can you guys tell if he has the arm strength or not.

Well, the deep TD-pass(first score) to Owens was a GREAT pass. Hit him right in stride for the TD.

Rattay is a free agent this upcoming offseason. Restricted or not I am not sure. I know the talk around here in the S.F. Bay Area is that he may get the offensive contract extension that everyone thought was going to go to Terrell Owens before this season. The Niners have some players on defense that they absolutely have to resign to remain competitive in future seasons. The controversy is going o be whether they keep Rattay and try to shop Garcia for draft picks or just stick with Garcia and let Rattay go.

Owens has always said that he likes Rattay's deep ball better than Garcia's. He looked good tonight. That deep ball was perfect. And he threw well on the run. I didn't see the entire game (was distracted alot). So I didn't get to see him throw the deep outs and such. But his arm looked strong from what I saw

Garcia is 33. So keeping Rattay might be in the Niners best intrests.

Muck, agreed. The Niners have a tradition of dropping their qb for their backup as long as I can remember. I imagine that Garcia won't go quietly but will eventually go. However, Rattay wouldn't be bad to look at if the Niners continue to go down the toilet like they have been these past few years.

Rattay won't be available. He was a restricted free agent this past offseason. He signed his one year tender...Then signed a 3 year extension in August. I know the saints were considering trading for him...but they ended up trading for bouman instead.

Definitely Mark Brunell. He wants to come here, can bomb it, and scramble.

Don't forget that Rattay is a system QB - he suits the West Coast offense that the 9ers run PERFECTLY. I don't think he would be particularly succesful in other systems.

Back
Top Bottom