Merged: Tim Rattay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tim Rattay

Don't give me the system quarterback bull****, I heard that for a while. You would probably say that Joe Montana was a system Qb. I rather stay with Sage Rosenfels.

Stay with Sage. Let's give him a chance and see what he can do. We did spend a draft pick on him.

So you believe that every QB is good in every system? You are on drugs if you think that. You think Jay could run Indy's offense? Or Bledsoe could run the Eagles offense or Brees could run Cincinnati's? Coaches make systems to fit players skills. And they draft players to do the same. Look at Parcells and Sean Payton and Maurice Carthon - designing a system to fit the skills Quincy Carter has, rather than force a system on him that isn't compatible with his talents. And look what happens - guy plays on a Pro Bowl level for much of the year.

i've been on the "tim couch to miami" bandwagon since last offseason...strong arm, makes all the throws, accurate. typical norv qb, and he's young. you gotta think butch will hang on to holcomb, he cant keep them both.

Rittay

I think the guy looks pretty good, playing with TO helps, but I think he is doing very well for 2 starts. I think maybe we should try to get this guy into a dolphins uniform, because we probably won't find anything good in the draft. We will probably draft a few more lb's and db's like usual, because that helps the oline a lot.

With as good as he's looking, why would SF let him go? We'd have a better shot a Garcia.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I doubt they will let garcia go, I would rather have him anyway.

You doubt that? That's probably what they're leaning towards. They won't keep both..

Because when a QB gets recognized it his chance to become a starter. And yes they have some serious cap issues if you consider their free agents.

i can't believe i'm the first to mention this, but i think if SF had to choose, they'd let Rattay go. why? Garcia still has a few years left in him and Erickson has made it clear that when healthy, Garcia is his starter. Don't forget their 3rd stringer is DORSEY. uh.... DUH. they'd keep Dorsey over rattay, don't you agree? i would if i was SF.... and if SF let Rattay go, if i was Wannstadt i would pick his *** up.

this is obviously not counting any restrictions or contracts that are currently in place - i am speaking of hypothetical situation!

Originally posted by Boomer
Don't forget that Rattay is a system QB - he suits the West Coast offense that the 9ers run PERFECTLY. I don't think he would be particularly succesful in other systems.

I agree, but I don't have anything against the WCO. Ricky might be a stretch as a WCO RB, but I think it could work.

If the Niners are dumb enough to let Rattay go and he can be had for a reasonable price, I wouldn't mind seeing him and the WCO down in Miami. My favorite in the hypothetical QB derby is still Brunell, but Rattay might just have become second choice...

And as of today, Rattay will have his third start in Lambeau. Niners dont tend to play too great there, and its expected to rain. While Ive been very impressed with him, I hope he continues his good play against Green Bay

I don't see any reason for them to let Rattay go....he's under contract for 3 years....and it's not a big contract.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
i can't believe i'm the first to mention this, but i think if SF had to choose, they'd let Rattay go. why? Garcia still has a few years left in him and Erickson has made it clear that when healthy, Garcia is his starter. Don't forget their 3rd stringer is DORSEY. uh.... DUH. they'd keep Dorsey over rattay, don't you agree? i would if i was SF.... and if SF let Rattay go, if i was Wannstadt i would pick his *** up.

this is obviously not counting any restrictions or contracts that are currently in place - i am speaking of hypothetical situation!

Your not the first to mention it. And everyone know's they have dorsey.

Back
Top Bottom