Merged:Time to trade for Joe Horn ?/Hubbard Alexander of the Saints, A good Fit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Time to trade for Joe Horn ?/Hubbard Alexander of the Saints, A good Fit?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Time to trade for Joe Horn ?

I can't even look at him (Haslett) in the face. If they fire my coach, then they might as well fire Joe Horn or trade me, because he (Alexander) ain't the problem, in the locker room or on the field."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-saintshornblaststeam&prov=fanball&type=lgns

:hmmm: none of our WRs were that upset, but they were unhappy - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ec30,0,5060487.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
"[Robert's] not the reason for us having a poor season," Chambers said. "And I don't think they should use the receivers as a scapegoat. We just didn't get the full opportunity in a lot of games. That's Derrius and James too. And it looks like we are becoming scapegoats, and I don't like that. We had the skills to be more productive than we were."

maybe Mueller can work something out to get his old buddy CellPhone Horn here in 2004 if he is here

It's possible, but I would prefer simply signing Isaac Bruce.

Eh, I'd rather get a young WR rather than Horn. Joe is already 31 and if he came into our current system, he'd be terrible. We have no QB, already a #1 WR, and our offense is based around the run. Unless we change some stuff around, he'd be as much use to us as Derrius or James. There's not much he can do when Fiedler under/overthrows him 5 yards.

Dolphan39, you could add sweeping the Bills too.

Joe Horn is interesting however he brings with him a somewhat T.O. presence, which is bad. He would however be a nice option as a 1b to Chambers' 1A. Something tells me he sticks it out in New Orleans though.

He is nothing like T.O personality wise. Bring their receiver's coach here, I know who he is and he is a good one.

Just sign Bruce. No difference.

I think part of the reason Robert Ford was fired was because he publicly criticized Wann/Spiel on the handling of Gadsden.

Originally posted by Samphin
Joe Horn is interesting however he brings with him a somewhat T.O. presence, which is bad. He would however be a nice option as a 1b to Chambers' 1A. Something tells me he sticks it out in New Orleans though.

Actually I heard that Horn is actually pretty mild, that the celly incident was uncharacteristic of him. Reportedly he only did it because he wanted to make a big scene to break out of his slump

Originally posted by Jaj
Just sign Bruce. No difference.

theres a big difference... but if we were to get bruce i wouldn't complain. but Horn is better then Bruce.

Well yes, but Bruce is also a Dolphin fan since childhood and has relatives here. Lived in Ft. Lauderdale. Would be great to have him here.

The advantage of these veterans is instant credibility from a passing defense. Chambers will go BOOOOM with his production. 1200 yards no problem.

Just need a decent QB with the deep ball like Brunell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj
He is nothing like T.O personality wise. Bring their receiver's coach here, I know who he is and he is a good one.

Are you kidding me? This is the same guy who KC just let walk away because he was SUCH a horrible person to everyone really. He was known for partying and being horrible to everyone. He has an attitude, is all about himself, and really only cares if he gets his numbers. Believe me, I live in SW MO and he was a horrible person when here and has done nothing to even think he's done anything but become worse.

Joe Horn? No way, even if you take on questionable character guys you don't take this guy on.

Back
Top Bottom