Merged:Time to trade for Joe Horn ?/Hubbard Alexander of the Saints, A good Fit? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Time to trade for Joe Horn ?/Hubbard Alexander of the Saints, A good Fit?

WR's coach Hubbard Alexander of the Saints, A good Fit?

What do you think? Would Hubbard Alexander of the Saints be agood fit for Miami?

Is he any good?

Joe Horn sure seems to like him. Any thoughts?

--------------------

Horn blasts Saints, says receivers coach was made scapegoat

Wednesday December 31, 2003
By Jeff Duncan

An emotional Joe Horn fired several shots at the Saints organization Tuesday after learning that his position coach, veteran wide receivers coach Hubbard Alexander, is one of two assistants who will not return next season.

"I don't know who made the decision, but it is absolutely uncalled for," Horn said. "Hubbard was not the reason we didn't make the playoffs. He was not the reason we were 8-8. He doesn't call the plays.

"If you're going to fire the receivers coach, then every coach should be fired. (Offensive coordinator) Mike McCarthy should be fired. (Head coach) Jim Haslett should be fired. The whole damn coaching staff should go. It's wrong that Hubbard was made the scapegoat. That's crazy. That's cold-blooded. I feel like the head of a snake was cut off, and it wasn't even poisonous."

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1072852363316070.xml

edited complete article

Naughty, naughty CPU. Nice article but you're not supposed to post the whole thing. Oh, well, I'll leave that to the mods. I heard that Alexander is on the Dolphins list to be looked at/interviewed?!

Yeah. Hubbard Alexander was the receivers coach in Dallas when Jimmy was the head man, Norv was the offensive coordinator, and Dave was the defensive coordinator.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Dolphan39, you could add sweeping the Bills too.
sorry titles cannot be any longer and I am a much bigger Jet hater than Bills hater since I was born and raised in NYC when they played at Shea :D

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
If Horn joins the Dolphins, Jason Taylor had better keep close tabs on his wife. j/k

Their house is pretty ugly, I'm sure Horn would bring her over to his. Maybe that's who he was calling? :confused:

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
If Horn joins the Dolphins, Jason Taylor had better keep close tabs on his wife. j/k
not to mention Zach Thomas having to keep an eye on his sister ;)

The Dolphins could have a strong candidate for their vacant receivers coach position after New Orleans fired assistant Hubbard Alexander on Wednesday.

Alexander, a former assistant at the University of Miami from 1979 to 1988, worked there with Wannstedt and again in Dallas when Alexander and Wannstedt went to the Cowboys with coach Jimmy Johnson.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7617208.htm

This maybe the dumbest quote I've ever seen.

"That's cold-blooded. I feel like the head of a snake was cut off, and it wasn't even poisonous." -Joe Horn verbal genius.

Back
Top Bottom