MERGED: Tom Brady Suspension Overruled thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Tom Brady Suspension Overruled thread

Wonder why this country has so many issues on top of football is because of these guys. These are un elected officials that get to make the final decisions in our country based on "their" interpertation of the law of the land. Retired old fart lawyers making the rules thats what we get.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Brady is in his brittle years so at least we do not have to endure him much longer.

Oh well it sucks, but t'll be extra sweeter when we whoop their asses this year. I said it once and I'll say it again, opposing defenses will be a bit more motivated...especially in our division with 3 stout D-Lines. They'll go after Brady early and often. With how poor the Pats O-Line has looked so far, I don't see them plowing through the division with ease this year.

bury that judge with this decision emgaved in his tombstone...he needs to carry this decision with him for eternity

I just get a REALLY bad feeling that because of all this, the refs are going to flag any and every hit on Brady, sacks included, where he is so much as BREATHED ON WRONG.

Dolphins fans like us are excited to see Brady get PUMMELED by our new and improved DLine. But, I just get the feeling that flags will be thrown for the simplest touching of Brady to nullify the strong Line play. Maybe I'm just thinking too much, but we've seen things like that happen before.

Not surprised in the least. Suspension handed down, then upheld, then judge wants nothing to do with this case when they've actually got criminal trials to deal with, but Brady drags it through and whines his way until they just say "**** it."

It's not fair that we've been stuck in this division with them for this long. It's like putting an AP/honors student in a school for special kids.

I'm confused.
All along during this process, all of the legal talking heads on ESPN said that this judge wasn't allowed to rule on the evidence or the fairness of the NFL's decision, he was only supposed to rule on whether or not Goodell had the right to suspend Brady for this reason
Well, the CBA basically says that Goodell can suspend anyone for any reason by saying the player hurts the "integrity of the game", so now this judge has decided that the NFL CBA isn't worth **** and Goodell doesn't have power that was already collectively bargained... This is ridiculous and will open up Pandora's box for every player that has been (or will be) suspended or fined. Stupid.

I'm confused.
All along during this process, all of the legal talking heads on ESPN said that this judge wasn't allowed to rule on the evidence or the fairness of the NFL's decision, he was only supposed to rule on whether or not Goodell had the right to suspend Brady for this reason
Well, the CBA basically says that Goodell can suspend anyone for nay reason by saying the player hurts the "integrity of the game", so now this judge has decided that the NFL CBA isn't worth **** and Goodell doesn't have power that was already collectively bargained... This is ridiculous and will open up Pandora's box for every player that has been (or will be) suspended or fined. Ridiculous.

yep

I'm confused.
Well, the CBA basically says that Goodell can suspend anyone for nay reason by saying the player hurts the "integrity of the game", so now this judge has decided that the NFL CBA isn't worth **** and Goodell doesn't have power that was already collectively
bargained... This is ridiculous and will open up Pandora's box for every player that has been (or will be) suspended or fined. Ridiculous.

Judge Richard Berman was appointed by Biil Clinton, that should say it all.

i read that court has had like 66 appeals heard and only overturned 2 prior to this case

They will cheat again and get away with it again.Why is anybody surprised.

Heck, lets get Dion Jordan back -- obviously his suspension is a SHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just do it! And shut UP!

BNF.

Back
Top Bottom