Merged: Travis Claridge?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Travis Claridge??

BSanders#20

Don't drop the soap
Reaction score
Travis Claridge?

Anyone know the upside on Claridge? I played against him in high school in Vancouver Wa. Tough guy with a nasty streak...

Falcons will probably work to retain him. Len Pasquarelli has him as one of his bargain buys in free agency. (In a hurry, so you'll have to get the link yourself at ESPN.com)

Nasty is right. A former second round pick with a nice mean streak, a G/T candidate who is probably more suited to guard.

Now that we lost out on Wade though, we could consider him for a RT position.

He's rated a 73 by Scouts Inc on the free agent class, which is right about where they consider Jamie Nails to be...and 1 point above where they rate Todd Wade.

Placed on injured reserve (knee) in Week 10, Claridge should be healthy going into 2004. A better run blocker than pass blocker, he has good bulk and strength, comes off the ball with excellent initial pop, and knocks most defenders back. Rarely gets overpowered at the point of attack, Has a nice base and plays with some leverage. Versatile enough to play guard or tackle. Quickness and feet are below average, and his angles to blocks aren't always great. Not very athletic, and doesn't get to the second level well. Problems come against quick one-gap penetrators. A bit slow out of his stance, he has trouble reaching edge rushers, especially when his range is put to the test. Can be very effective in short-area fist fights because he is competitive and will finish every play. Claridge can't be left on an island or put in situations where he has to show athleticism, but he has plenty of value as a tough, hard-nosed interior run blocker.

he's cheaper and has some solid upside, worth a look if we dont have other options

Funny thing about him, I have some friends from Columbia River High (Claridge went there). They all talked trash about how much of an a** he was in high school but as soon as he's drafted, what do ya know, they all have either a Claridge jersey or a "71" hat. Go figure...

Travis Claridge??

I'm kind of surprised his name hasn't come up as a potential FA.
From what I've heard about him, he plays with a nasty disposition and has been a solid starter, although he did miss part of last season.

He also has ability to play Guard or Tackle so that would make him pretty valuable.

He's got to be as good or better then some of the other guards we're looking at.

I think even my mom could play line better than the people we have..:goof:

He really belongs in the group with guys like Williams, Coleman, and Garmon. Claridge, Williams, and Coleman are all higher pedigree guys that were considered disappointments until fairly recently, and are still kind of considered a little disappointing.

I think if we don't get O.L. during F.A. soon we should start grabbing W.R. and Draft O.L

Back
Top Bottom