Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Universal Draft Hits the Sun Sentinel

Everyone seems to forget that Ratliff was drafted with the idea that he was going to play DE in the 3-4. In fact he was moved to NT as an emergency replacement for Ferguson when he was with Dallas. Dallas actually moved him back to DE once they found what they thought was a suitable replacement. Trying to use a high draft pick on someone that is going to try to dulicate a very unique/unusual talent like Ratliff is the way that busts happen. The downside is that if he cannot play NT which the odds would suggest that he cannot then you have a player who would probably be a back-up to two pretty good DE's one of which is a marginal pro bowler. The fact that no other NT in the league is that size speaks volumes and to use the 12th pick is the way GM's get fired. If you use a third or fourth round pick on a guy like Mike Neal who has a similar skill set and is of similar size to Odrick then it might make some sense but to use the 12th pick, I dont see it. At least with a guy like Spiller if he is not the second coming of Chris Johnson then you at least have Reggie Bush which fills a need as well.

well if odrick is a target you better get him at #12...cause you're not getting him at #43...

I just read on draft Countdown alot of the 3-4 teams were talking to Ogrick about being a DE in a 3-4 not a DT, but then again Miami could be a team that see's him as a DT in a 3-4, who knows http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/Senior-Bowl-Blog.php

i still think he seems like a better fit as a 3-4 end than nose to me but i'm coming off the thought that he can't be an jay ratliff type on the nose...

the true wrs on the south squad leave me less than impressed...riley cooper is physical at the los and gets open but drops the ball plus he's not gonna run away from anyone...

that guy from uab interest me zero...

jeremy williams doesn't do much for me either...

i heard te jimmy graham gave lbs fits down the field in coverage...

For my money Nate Collins does a better Ratliff, then anyone in this draft.

He's a guy we could pick up late in the draft and start on passing down from day one, and if we did move Merling to OLB then we would have a need for a DT for Passing downs cuzz Merling does that alot right now.

I'm not saying Nate is a better player i'm just saying he looks more like Ratliff to me.

The thing that I see about Odrick is a lot of motor and competitiveness....but also the same inconsistency that shows up in Dan Williams at times...just not as much..

Odrick did well against who I think is quite possibly the best offensive lineman in the draft in Iupati...but was also blown off the ball by Shawn Lauvao yesterday...and this is something that was also evident in his Penn St. game film...

I've always liked Odrick as a prospect...but more of fit at 3-4 end than nose tackle...

A better 3-4 end prospect than Oghobaase? Not sure about that quite yet either...

When i watch Odrick i think of John Bosa, and that really scares me. Any Dolfan over the age of 30 should know that name.

slimm i'm assuming you've seen a lot of oghaboose...does he play too high sometimes and not with good leverage and knee bend or is that just something i saw on the 1 game i got to review of his i think vs army against smaller competition when he was being cut all the time???

i think oghaboose is a solid 3-4 end as well...cause i assumed that was more the exception and not the norm

slimm i'm assuming you've seen a lot of oghaboose...does he play too high sometimes and not with good leverage and leg bend or is that just something i saw on the 1 game i got to review of his i think vs army against smaller competition when he was being cut all the time???

i think oghaboose is a solid 3-4 end as well...

yep , he's not a DT in 3-4 that's for sure.

I See them filling the need at DT in FA it's too important to just hope you land a real 3-4 DT in the draft.Plus it's takes most DT coming out a year to play in a 3-4.

I mean look at last year and what they did at Center and DT looks to be just as big of a need this year.

slimm i'm assuming you've seen a lot of oghaboose...does he play too high sometimes and not with good leverage and knee bend or is that just something i saw on the 1 game i got to review of his i think vs army against smaller competition when he was being cut all the time???

i think oghaboose is a solid 3-4 end as well...cause i assumed that was more the exception and not the norm

There's really not much you can do to when you're being cut blocked constantly except protect your lower body....I hate it...I absolutely hate cut blocking...

After a while it starts to affect you mentally....which is why defensive lineman hate it...

Ogho is one of the few that I've seen that can get away with playing tall for a tall man....although he could bend better....I don't think guys like Wootton can get away with it like Ogho can...

Also, it'll be a lot less critical at end in a 3-4 than playing inside....

Alex Carrington is the guy that I've always felt might end up being better than all of them down the road...

Little mock draft idea

Ok, I got an idea from another place to have everyone pick a team and they get to draft players for that team, just like the nfl draft. I am not the most organized person, but we might as well give it a shot. All teams (except miami) are vacant at the time.

Teams:
Detroit Lions:
Patriots:
Jets:
Dolphins: Me (Phinphan910)
Bills:
Bengals:
Steelers:
Ravens:
Browns:
Broncos:
Chargers:
Raiders:
Chiefs:
Giants:
Eagles:
Redskins:
Cowboys:
Colts:
Titans:
Texans:
Jaguars:
Packers:
Vikings:
Rams:
Bears:
Cards:
49ers:
Seahawks:
Saints:
Falcons:
Panthers:
Bucs:

We don't have like any fans of like any team (other than teams in the AFC EAST.) but like a year ago, someone created something where you had to pick teams, so i'm confident.

We will proceed if and when every team is taken.
First person to post what team they want gets them.
I have miami.

Boom,

I haven't seen JPP; How is he against the run?

He's OK. Clearly he needs work, but he shows decent recognition and has the arms to be able to disengage and make plays. The guy is 6'6, 263lbs and he can do back flips in his uniform. But looking at him without a shirt on, he has quite thin arms and I'd like to see him add some definition in there. Having stood next to and been around Myron Rolle for a few hours, Myron has much clearer muscle definition. The arms length makes up for some of the lack of muscle, but I'd like to see those arms a little more pumped.

I am sorry Boomer and that's only MO... but there is no way JPP is a top 5 pick or even a top 20 pick.. I think it's a huge mistake taking him that high.

I watched 2 USF games and he did not look explosive to me of the edge, he is strong against the run but not much rushing the passer, maybe he played better in other games.

Really reminds me of Jamal Anderson from Arkansas.. I think Derek Morgan is a much better prospect that JPP and the best DE in the draft... JMO

Respect your opinion Sam, but I disagree mate.

I've seen him look very explosive off the corner. His upside, hie length and his overall physicality make him exceedingly enticing.

Back
Top Bottom