Merged: Vince Young | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Vince Young

Lappy said:
We should do what ever it takes to get Vince. He is amazing!

We'd need to trade our ENTIRE 2006 draft to move up to #3........and maybe some of next year too. And this assumes that the other team would be willing to do a trade themselves. Remember, even if you WANT to trade, it doesn't always happen.......you have to find a trading partner, and agree to a deal............remember last year when we wanted to trade DOWN a few spots......and we couldn't find any takers.

And think of the salary cap hit, too.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

No, we need to keep our draft picks, and address numerous other needs, and keep our cap in better shape for FAs, etc. I trust Saban not to move up that high.

dont be surprised if houston takes vince. Seeing how Houston is Vince's hometown... this would bring in HUGE ticket sales. David carr does have some trade value... they could use his traded pick to help get a decent RB later in the draft. If Vince goes to Houston im betting M.L. goes to th saints and Reggie ends up dropping to #3. Could you imagine how much that city would blow up if they picked Reggie over Vince?

Vince Young

Who from the Dolphins team and or what from our draft picks would you be willing to give up for Vince Young?

hellsapoppin said:
Who from the Dolphins team and or what from our draft picks would you be willing to give up for Vince Young?

(Draft Forum man) But I dunno, I think he's an amazing athlete but how will he do in the NFL? And are there even any realistic options out there to get him? I think that you'd have to take a huge risk and go overboard to trade for a high draft pick to get him, and Saban wont do that...

I have nothing against a running quarterback but what it would take to get him is Rediculous. I think he's going to be the same superstar in the NFL that he was in college. I just don't think we should give up a **** load of draft picks for one man. I'd rather get Jacobs or Cutler because they'd be two players we have a shot at getting.

The reason why I said no to a running QB is that we have alot of weapons on The O like Randy, Chris, Marty and Ronnie. with a running QB we would use our other weapons less. A running QB might just scan the field once then jet or feel the pressure then jet. QBs need to be Patient in the pocket to let the recivers get open.

That and I agree would take to much to get him and we all know nick wont do that. He still has a fresh feel for the kids comming out of college and wants all his picks and then some. Somthing we can look forward to to this year... next year is a differnt story will be less of a feel has to rely more on scounting.

Xeus24 said:
The reason why I said no to a running QB is that we have alot of weapons on The O like Randy, Chris, Marty and Ronnie. with a running QB we would use our other weapons less. A running QB might just scan the field once then jet or feel the pressure then jet. QBs need to be Patient in the pocket to let the recivers get open.

That and I agree would take to much to get him and we all know nick wont do that. He still has a fresh feel for the kids comming out of college and wants all his picks and then some. Somthing we can look forward to to this year... next year is a differnt story will be less of a feel has to rely more on scounting.

I have to disagree there though... I dont see how that would be a bad thing... having another threat on the ground would only give people like chris marty and mcmike more opportunities....

I would give alot to have him, he is a special QB. he is better than Vick as far as scrambling goes and he has a very strong arm. He has a weird delivery but at his height that won't be a problem. He is going to be a great QB

nick1 said:
I would give alot to have him, he is a special QB. he is better than Vick as far as scrambling goes and he has a very strong arm. He has a weird delivery but at his height that won't be a problem. He is going to be a great QB
He very well could be GREAT. I personally think he still needs to work a bit more at reading Defenses. I have only watched him once (in THE game) and he did impress me. For some reason, I just have an uneasy feeling about his running.

nick1 said:

I don't know about better than Vick, he doesn't have Vick's quickness nonetheless who cares they are both really good at it. I was think about this same question as well. Does anyone know HYPETHETICALLY if we gave up every single draft pick this year if that would be enough to move to the 1st spot. I was hoping someone who knows the value chart could figure it out.

AZfinfan said:
I don't know about better than Vick, he doesn't have Vick's quickness nonetheless who cares they are both really good at it. I was think about this same question as well. Does anyone know HYPETHETICALLY if we gave up every single draft pick this year if that would be enough to move to the 1st spot. I was hoping someone who knows the value chart could figure it out.
value chart

#1 overall = 3000

#16 = 1000
#48 = 420
#80 = 190
#112 = 70

our top 4 picks total are only 1680, value charts vary but none are off by that much so unless we throw in some players than we have no shot at getting the top pick

Draft Vince Young!!!!

Just do it!! Get'er done!! Nuff said!!

EDIT: My apologies for the thread. I was just seeing what it felt like to act like a brainless idiot.

Back
Top Bottom