Merged: Wanny Quotes/The Ultimate Wanny Quote | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wanny Quotes/The Ultimate Wanny Quote

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Wanny Quotes

What can Trent Green do that Jay can't? He's not as good an athlete. Jay will make every throw. [Green] played this year, and I don't think really helped his stock much." -- Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt, on why he liked quarterback Jay Fiedler over the available Trent Green in January 2001.

***Um maybe play in the Pro Bowl.***

We liked a couple of those receivers up there, but we didn't feel there was a guy that was going to come in and make more of a contribution than a linebacker." -- Wannstedt, in April, on why linebacker Eddie Moore was the 2003 top draft pick.

Sure glad they didn't grab that Boldin kid, its going to take him a few years before he will contribute.

"We'll have one of the best passing games in the league." -- Wannstedt on Jan. 25

Really????

We will lead the league in rushing in the last eight games. Just wait and see." -- Wannstedt on Nov. 7

Really 2?????

Oh and let's not just pick on Wanny, how about this one from Spielman

We'll make sure we're covered at that position." -- Spielman, in March, regarding the left tackle position.

There are some other interesting quotes in the article.

Fins Quotes

After reading those you know what Wanny should do is Shut TF-up!!!

Remember that Jimmy J used to do the same thing.........Wanny is from the same school..................I guess.

Hyde's going to need to hide if he keeps this up.....He's on a roll lately, and he aint making any friends with the Fins.

How is this any different than the things we say on these boards? everytime we sign someone or decline to sign someone we always say it is for the better of the team... the coaches and personel guys have the same optimisim.. what do you expect them to say " yeah derrius thompson is a cheap Fa that we signed just to not piss off wayne, we hope he can play hard for us" hows that gonna put butts in the seats?

I GOT ONE!!!!!!!

Jimmy Johnson: (May 1999) "We might have a guy that is even better than the two top backs in the draft (Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams), and we got him late." (Talking about Cecil "The Diesel" Collins.)

Adding later: "Wouldn't it be something if Cecil outrushes them both?"

Originally posted by inFINSible
Hyde's going to need to hide if he keeps this up.....He's on a roll lately, and he aint making any friends with the Fins.
I totally agree. Hyde's really piling on, and his last two columns have been (IMO) more venomous than necessary.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

I totally agree. Hyde's really piling on, and his last two columns have been (IMO) more venomous than necessary.

It's a continuation of the last one which was a reasonable (IMO) reaction to JT's delusional ramblings about the "negative press". but, it needn't have been said considering how well he made his point yesterday. Now, he's just mad, and being mean.

i like what zach thomas says in the article..
hes the only one who tells it like it is..

Originally posted by Section126
I GOT ONE!!!!!!!

Jimmy Johnson: (May 1999) "We might have a guy that is even better than the two top backs in the draft (Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams), and we got him late." (Talking about Cecil "The Diesel" Collins.)

Adding later: "Wouldn't it be something if Cecil outrushes them both?"

Well he wasn't actually talking about out rushing them on the field he was talking about out rushing them out the window, across the parking lot and down the street. :lol:

It is obvious to me that Wanny is well versed on the power of positive affirmations. Unfortunately, the positive actions and desired results did not follow the positive words. It is apparent that he can not effectively lead this squad and will have to move on.

After it is all said and done... they're done.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Originally posted by inFINSible
It's a continuation of the last one which was a reasonable (IMO) reaction to JT's delusional ramblings about the "negative press". but, it needn't have been said considering how well he made his point yesterday. Now, he's just mad, and being mean.

I thought both columns were among the best I'd read lately.

Originally posted by NYCphan
I thought both columns were among the best I'd read lately.

Here are my problems with them:

As far as the JT "negative media" column , it seemed like Hyde decided to turn this into a p***ing match between JT and him. His tone suggested he had stopped commenting and started sniping. In terms of the text of the column itself, there's running a joke into the ground, and then there's running a joke through the earth's crust and to its core.

Now, regarding today's "quote" column:

Let's be honest with ourselves: barring a miraculous 5-0 run culminating in a Super Bowl appearance, Dave Wannstedt is history. This is not a news flash. It is an almost-certainty. Just as obvious are the reasons for his demise. These have been documented time and again.

So, now Hyde comes up with a brilliant idea: let me dig through the quote file and make Wanny look like more of an a-hole than he already does. That would be fun!

Except that it's not fun. It's kicking a man when he's down. It's not insightful. It's not revelatory. And on the heels of yesterday's column, it's just mean-spirited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the good Doctor just said all that needs to be said on the topic. I'm not a Wannstedt fan, and I think he should be fired with the quickness, but still. He's a good guy, and doesnt deserve things like this.

Back
Top Bottom