Merged: Wanny Quotes/The Ultimate Wanny Quote | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Wanny Quotes/The Ultimate Wanny Quote

Dave Hyde is awesome!!!

He's one of the only reporters down here that ever tells it the way it is. He and J. Mandich don't sugar-coat, and that's the way it should be...ALWAYS. Too many Phinz fans live in "fantasy land". We need more guys like Dave and Jim out there IMO.....

Dave Hyde is obviously a big Phinz fan, and if he weren't, he'd be content with the mediocrity that has suroounded this team for years. I like the guy, and I like the way he doesn't hold back his feelings. I can't blame him for speaking out negatively after the huge failure this season has turned out to be....Can you???

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Dave Hyde is obviously a big Phinz fan, and if he weren't, he'd be content with the mediocrity that has suroounded this team for years. I like the guy, and I like the way he doesn't hold back his feelings. I can't blame him for speaking out negatively after the huge failure this season has turned out to be....Can you???

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Yes, I can. He's not being paid to be a fan and say "This team sucks. Wannstedt sucks." You can do that. I can do that. Are we getting paid for it?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Yes, I can. He's not being paid to be a fan and say "This team sucks. Wannstedt sucks." You can do that. I can do that. Are we getting paid for it?

People get paid to do what we do here for free :eek:

Man then the Bills and Pats fans must be loaded.

INTEIWER: "Dave, what are you going to say at halftime to turn this game around and get some points on the board?"

WANNSTEDT: "Uhh, err....well, we're gonna try to get things going. We're gonna see ifwe can just make things happen. We need to execute better, and just do a better job at what we do. Hopefully we can get this thing going."

INTERVIWER: Any specific things you'll say to the team Dave?"

WANNSTEDT: "uhh.. well, no we're just gonna have to come out and get fired up and make this happen"

(gee, thanks for the insight Dave...so veyr specific)

In every major market it takes a Dave Hyde to "wake up" an owner. I think Dave has actually taken it upon himself to be that azzhole. It's not admirable. It's just a job that should be done.

As for Wannestedt....

He deserves every bit of it. He has had ample opportunity to change. That is what took this team down. His refusal to change his philosophy on the football field. How many times has it been said.....

"Nobody does what the Dolphins do."

This defensive scheme is a dinosaur.

Originally posted by ZOD
In every major market it takes a Dave Hyde to "wake up" an owner. I think Dave has actually taken it upon himself to be that azzhole. It's not admirable. It's just a job that should be done.

Oh come on, now. Do you really think Wayne Huizenga is reading the papers and saying, "Oh crap! I've got Dave Hyde mad at me! Well NOW I've got to do something!"?

Originally posted by ZOD
As for Wannestedt....

He deserves every bit of it. He has had ample opportunity to change. That is what took this team down. His refusal to change his philosophy on the football field. How many times has it been said.....[/B]

My point EXACTLY! At this point, with Wannstedt's fate relatively certain, a column like this has nothing new to offer.

Cecil Collins was awesome. I saw him at LSU and trust me, the guy is every bit as good a runner as Ricky Williams.

He chose to flush his life down the toilet because he is a moron. Let me just say this. If Cecil would have had a good head and had his priorities straight, he would be our running back right now, not Ricky.
There would have been no need for a trade.

Oh come on, now. Do you really think Wayne Huizenga is reading the papers and saying, "Oh crap! I've got Dave Hyde mad at me! Well NOW I've got to do something!"?

Actually I think Wayne is clueless as to what happens in the football world. The man said he didn't know much about football and he even bought the team "for his wife" in the press conference after the purchase.

I also think he is a good businessman. So when the public and the newspaper generally reflects the various views of the public is screaming for a head.

I'd expect Wayne to pay attention then and only then.

I took no offense on Wanny's part for this...

...it's the time of year we start reflecting. Considering what our resolutions will be for the new year. Quite often a bit of humour about things that went wrong is cathartic in it's way. Like the movies where they show deleted scenes where the actors couldn't help but laugh at the wrong moment or whatever. I think the size of some of the claims that never materialised is hilarious.

A sense of humour about it may help to ameliorate some of the pain.

Here are my problems with them:

As far as the JT "negative media" column , it seemed like Hyde decided to turn this into a p***ing match between JT and him. His tone suggested he had stopped commenting and started sniping. In terms of the text of the column itself, there's running a joke into the ground, and then there's running a joke through the earth's crust and to its core.

It was one column, which I thought was pretty funny. Don't agree with your view at all, but then again good columns generally provoke different reactions, so I'd say again based on our differing views that it must have been a pretty good one.

Now, regarding today's "quote" column:

Let's be honest with ourselves: barring a miraculous 5-0 run culminating in a Super Bowl appearance, Dave Wannstedt is history. This is not a news flash. It is an almost-certainty. Just as obvious are the reasons for his demise. These have been documented time and again.

So, now Hyde comes up with a brilliant idea: let me dig through the quote file and make Wanny look like more of an a-hole than he already does. That would be fun!

Except that it's not fun. It's kicking a man when he's down. It's not insightful. It's not revelatory. And on the heels of yesterday's column, it's just mean-spirited.

Wannstedt has a highly paid job in the entertainment business. His performance has been poor, and this is nothing more than a bad review. Except it's better than that. Instead of just spouting off on what a poor job he's done, the column tries to show how the position the team is in now is an evolution of decisions made in the past. It all goes with the territory.

If the columns bothered you, write in and say so. You can send Wannstedt some flowers too, and tell him how awful it is that people can be so mean.

I thought both columns were well above average, and still do.

I think everyone knows the expectations of the team this year and I'm sure Wayne is even more knowledgeable on the subject considering all the closed-door meetings. Dave's comments to the press over time are an optimistic outlook on his team.....I suppose that he should have been negative?

The article is ridiculing and demeaning. You can find enough quotes on anyone, including here i'm sure, to make someone look stupid. His article will not influence someone who own's a 1/2 billion dollar team along with countless other business ventures.

His article had malicous intent to make Dave look stupid. DW being optimistic and trying to pull the team together and make it better....was not stupid. DW not letting the media disentegrate this team and create more divisions within the players, mgmt etc. ....was not stupid.

You can fault DW for perhaps not being the best coach out there, but you can't say he is stupid or make him out to be a fool. Everything is a gamble in life and some of his gambles haven't paid off.

Hyde's comments and articles of late are deragatory and mean spirited. There is a right and wrong way to criticize someone, even if it is a 'bad' review. His comments, as the media does so often, are meant to stir emotions in people and help sales/ratings/ or whatever.....sensationalism, violence, and 'bad reviews' are what the media is known for.

The Ultimate Wanny Quote

"I have no clue"

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ec17,0,1718154.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

When asked why the Dolphins have regressed at home.

You might as well be asking him why didn't you go for it on 4th &3 at NE's 38?

Why did you pass instead of run the clock with Ricky vs. Houston?

Why didn't you help Wade Smith with a TE at the end of the Colts game?

feel free to add more questions that Wanny can't answer..

Back
Top Bottom