Merged: what happened to konrad? / Konrad status | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: what happened to konrad? / Konrad status

Dyer couldn't catch a fish in damn 3 ft fish farm pool, he was one of the WORST offensive players I have ever seen trying to catch a ball in space, if there is anybody remotely close to the man he has no shot at hauling it in.

Dyer always had the potential to be a top flight blocker, his fram was PERFECT, but in all the time he spent in Miami did he ever lead with a DEVASTATING block? I cannot recall a single one.

I was a big fan of Dyer, but he never developed and is not a fit for our system. To keep somebody that isn't a great fit for your team the guy better be a pretty special talent, and can anybody really call Dyer special?

BTW, one of Konrad's strengths coming out of Syracuse was his pass catching, he is a VERY fluid receiver and has made numerous one handed catches, I just wish he would attack defenders instead of "shielding" them away from Ricky!

Originally posted by Disgustipate
One handed? I dont think I've ever seen Konrad catch something one handed.

It has happened a lot. Seriously. :)

Konrad is perfect for this offense. We just need to involve him more, along with McMichael.

If Konrad is injured badly do we try and sign Dyer or Robert Edwards and move him in as a FB or some third choice?????

Now that is an interesting idea their OhioPhinphan. Don't forget about Sedrick Irvin, he was supposedley doing really well in camp up until late when he injured himself. Personally I would take Edwards back, however if Obafemi got hurt, Edwards might not be able to block as well. Nah, I still take him over Dyer. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, hopefully Konrad will be ok to play next week..

One handed? I dont think I've ever seen Konrad catch something one handed. That "300 times" is obviously an extaggeration, but let me put it this way...

Konrad gets his yardage because he is not Ricky. Teams dont give a crap about him. Obafemi also is not Ricky. He's also a hell of alot faster, and tons more dangerous with the ball.

Why would we settle for Konrad, who is just good enough? Konrad is probabaly one of, if not the least used fullback Norv Turner has ever had. There is a reason.

Most of Konrad's grabs last year were one handed...what are you talking about?

Originally posted by Muck

It has happened a lot. Seriously. :)

Konrad is perfect for this offense. We just need to involve him more, along with McMichael.

Of course he has, Jay's not the most accurate passer, Konrad has defintely caught a lot of balls one handed..he's almost a natural at it too.

Konrad is a very special talent...much better than a guy who didn't get picked up by anyone last year.

I think we have got to get together though and get it to our WR's more.

Hopefully the failed reverse won't cause the coaches to stop using imaginative plays.

Why did Femi get so many balls his way today? I don't know that Konrad has ever had 6 cathes in a game. Femi looks more fluid in the open field and a little quicker than Konrad. Konrad just goes full steam ahead(not that that's a bad thing).

It's not a big loss. We're not run blocking for crap as it is, and Ayenbadejo is about 300 times the pass catcher he is. Obafemi makes plays, and not only that, he's got just a little heart.

Konrad, on the other hand, goes down if an opposing teams 5'8", 165 pound dime corner looks at him out of the corner of his eye. The man cannot break tackles. You are playing Larry Csonka's position on Larry Csonkas team, and our quarterback makes bigger hits running the ball then you. Grow a pair, Konrad.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
From watching Femi, he does a poor job of picking up the blitz.

In Femi's defense, the same could be said about Konrad this season.

Back
Top Bottom