Merged: what is the first day of training camp??? / Camp OPEN to public | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: what is the first day of training camp??? / Camp OPEN to public

BringBackShula said:
entertainment wise for us fans, it kinda sucks. But I'll be okay with no training camps if it helps Saban and company run a more efficient practice out there. THe main reason is to get work done and perfect the game and get better, not to please us jerkies who can't get enough Fins. It sucks, but it's the way it should be done. TIghten it up, coach.
nuff said

This is going to do more good then harm so I have no worries about it.

BringBackShula said:
IT ALREADY HAPPENED! SABAN ANNONCED THAT AS ASOON AS HE GOT IN HERE.
What are you talking about??????...All that has happened is that Saban closed a couple of MINI-camps that were usually open to the public..MINI-CAMPS...nowhere...nowhere did it ever mention that the official Training Camp would be closed...so everyone relax...IT IS open to the public...and WILL be open to the public. THink too many people are confusing mini-camp and training camp

BringBackShula said:
Yes. Supposedly there will be NO training camps open to the public. At all. Maybe they'll have just one weekend for the fans. WHo knows. But for now, there is NO training camp open to public.
I seriously think you are confusing the mini-camp thing and the training camp thing..NOWHERE did it state that training camp would be closed to the public.

Jesus tap dancing Christ...it is open to the public, do you people not read, or just like to argue about anything arbitrarily???

It was stated int eh Sun-Sent/Herald articles way back in April when Saban released his media policies. I swear, people on online forums just love to take off and run on anything said, just to argue. And as I said, common sense would say it is open to the public...it would be idiotic for them to close down one of the most fan friendly and awaited times of the season :rolleyes:

BringBackShula said:
I'm gonna search for the story about closing camp.
Make sure to post it up when you are wrong. I already searched Sun-Sent but their archives suck.

Schleprock said:
Jesus tap dancing Christ...it is open to the public, do you people not read, or just like to argue about anything arbitrarily???

It was stated int eh Sun-Sent/Herald articles way back in April when Saban released his media policies. I swear, people on online forums just love to take off and run on anything said, just to argue. And as I said, common sense would say it is open to the public...it would be idiotic for them to close down one of the most fan friendly and awaited times of the season :rolleyes:
:allhail: ..AMEN Brother...it was mini camp they were talking about..never..never did it say Training Camp :shakeno:

how come theres no mention of it on the miami dolphins main website???

Can't find a link because it was so long ago, but training camp is closed to public and press.

Camp is OPEN. The story was about mini-camp closing... and people getting worried that TC would be the same.

My opinion is that during the teaching phase (which is what saban said the MC was all about) he doesn't want people to get too much info. TC seems to be much more about evaluating players with pads on... and much less about strategy.

Here's a few links if you don't believe me:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=79124&highlight=camp+closed

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=73469&highlight=camp+closed

TC WILL be open to the public.

Dolphins | Training Camp Dates Released
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:10:22 -0700

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins training camp gets started July 24 when all players are expected to report. The team holds its first training camp practice of 2005, under first-year head coach Nick Saban, Monday, July 25. In all, the team will conduct 34 practices which are open to the public, ten of which are at night. Each of the night practices caps off a two-a-day workout. The last open practice for the general public is on Wednesday, August 24, when the team breaks camp.

yes just saw on the miami dolphins dite that the TC WILL be open to the public.

sorry if i said that it was closed before but i thought with the type of coach tthat saban is that he would want his TC closed to the public, not b/c of the fans but the media som noone can see what they're doing. Anyways good to hear that i will be open to thwe public.

Kind of funny we have a pissing match about this, then the Dolphins post this on their main page. Maybe Saban and company check us out more than we think

Back
Top Bottom