Merged: Which players do you keep?/We need to do a lot of spring cleaning this year.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Which players do you keep?/We need to do a lot of spring cleaning this year..

Sydor25

11-5 East Champions
Reaction score
Which players do you keep?

On offense I would keep: Williams, Chambers and McMichael.

On defense I would keep: Surtain, Taylor and Thomas.

That's it. Everyone else is up for grabs and would have to take a pay cut to stay.

Offense:Williams, Chambers and McMichael

Defense:Surtain, Taylor, Thomas, and Chester

The only untouchable player IMHO is Ricky. Everybody else comes back at the pleasure of the coach/front office in my book...

Charlie Rodgers, Thompson and the entire O-Line

Jamar Fletcher, Eddie Moore, Morlon Greenwood :)

Offensive Keepers
=============
RT T. Wade
RB R. Williams
WR C. Chambers
TE R. McMicheal
RB T. Minor

Defensive Keepers
=============
DE A. Ogunleye
DE J. Taylor
DT L. Chester
MLB Z. Thomas
DB P. Surtain

That "star studded" defense needs to go. Right now, with the playoffs almost out of sight, it's an embarrassment more than anything. This was suppose to be one of the best defenses in the NFL this year, and in reality, it's worse than last year!!!.....

The same goes for the offense. There is no excuse for this offense degressing. Norv had a full year to get it straightened out, and he failed big time. The OL is the worst in the NFL, and beyond C.C., the WR corps is one of the weakest I've ever seen....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

Offense: Williams,Chambers,McMicheal

Defense:Surtain,O-Gun,Bowens,Taylor & Thomas

ST:Turk

Originally posted by Scrappy
Offense:Williams, Chambers and McMichael

Defense:Surtain, Taylor, Thomas, and Chester
These guys, and all the(young) back-ups.....probably Wade Smith too.

keepers on O

• Ricky
  • Wade Smith
  • Seth Mckinney (low cap)
  • McMichael
  • Chambers (but plays like #2 as often as #1)
  • McKnight if we can get him cheap he is a hustler and versatile for ST and as a backup WR
  • Minor

D

• Tim Bo - when have we played well w/o him
  • Zach
  • JT
  • O Gun, but will not :cry: over losing him and getting 1st and 3rd rd picks
  • Surtain
  • Knight
  • T Buck - still a solid #3

ST
still doubt we can get a better K than Mare - look what happened when we tried to replace Turk - we got a Royally back P

On offense:
Williams, Chambers, McMichael, Smith, McKinney

On defense:
Zach, JT, Surtain, T-Buck, Ogunleye, Knight

I would like most of the D back IF they ALL take pay cuts, with a different coach I would like to see what they can do.

On O I like the young olinemen(mckinney, yates, etc...), Ricky, McMichael, Donald Lee, and Chambers... maybe Sage. Otherwise ALL can take a hike.

I still think Mare can be good. He just needs a sp coach that actually knows his head from a hole in the ground. His demise started as soon as wanny hired Armstrong and fired Westoff!

Im surprised no one said "Seau" so far, the man has had a MONSTER season, he just didnt have a great game yesterday, if we are gonna start anew on the defensive side of the ball, we are gonna have low-paid rookies and moderately new players anyways, so we could afford to keep junior if his contract doesnt blow up next year...

We need to do a lot of spring cleaning this year...

This is what I think we should do this offseason, because this team obviously isn't going anywhere:

Moves:
Trade Sam Madison (hopefully get a 2nd for him)
Trade/Cut Brock Marion (or let him retire)
Cut James McKnight (too much money for a crappy #3)
Cut Jay Fiedler (see-ya)
Cut Brian Griese (nice knowing ya')
Trade/Cut Olindo Mare (kickers should not cost us games + too much money to keep)
Cut Tim Bowens (Zgonina will replace him for a fraction of the price)

That right there will give us more money than we could dream of.

Signings:
Sign Adam Timmerman and/or Orlando Pace
Sign/Make a run for Damien Woody
Resign O-Gun
Resign Travis Minor
Sign Darrell Jackson
Sign a veteran QB (Brunell, Warner, etc)
RESIGN MATT TURK

Draft:
1st: QB (trade some of our lower picks to move up)
2nd: (if we can get one through trading): OG/OT
3rd: CB
4th: WR
5th: LB
6th: K
7th: FS

Front office:
Fire Dave Wannstedt
Hire *GOOD* coach

I can't decide whether we should keep Norv Turner or not. He has been making some TERRIBLE calls lately (running Ricky on 3rd & 15? Ricky only getting 18 attempts against the worst Run-D in the league?)

I hope we do some of this. Who's with me?

We can't trade Sam Madison, not because we couldn't make it work on our end, NO TEAM would take his current contract. It would require alot of cooperation by all parties involved, and most importantly Madison himself talking a large decrease in salary.

Ideally he would take a paycut, stay here, and be our nickleback and we could sign Charless Woodson, who I don't anticipate being as hot a commodity as he would've been 2-3 years ago.

Worst case, we look at Shawn Springs or Bobby Taylor. Although neither of those 2 guys can tackle either. And for that matter neither can Woodson.

But the thought of Woodson and Surtain, would be what most people expected from Madison and Surtain, only Madison is so overrated he makes think Mike Alstott actually is a pro bowl fullback.

Darrell Jackson is putting up the "stats" to get a pretty good contract. But remember, his hands are comparable to McKnight's.

I'd rather sign a guy like Northcutt, and draft someone like Clayton in the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom