Merged: Which players do you keep?/We need to do a lot of spring cleaning this year.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Which players do you keep?/We need to do a lot of spring cleaning this year..

If healthy, I am not talking about throwing him Sam Madison type money. I am thinking along the lines of 5 years 22.5 Million, I do however believe the Detroit Lions will make a strong push for him.

Either way, I am not mentioning it because I think there is even a remote possibilty it could happen, cause I know it won't. But Dis, you know if something is on my my mind, I will share it.

Pace would be nice, but I don't know about the possibilities of getting him. St. Louis is going to make a pretty good offer, and I know that Cleveland, essentially his home town team, might make an offer.

Why cut Eddie? That would be a waste of a second round pick. Sure he didn't play this year, but getting him back is like having a free 2nd rounder in the next draft. Hopefully he can stay healty next year.

O keepers:
W.Smith, S. Mckinney, Mcmichael, Chambers, Williams, Minor

D Keepers: Taylor, Thomas, Seau, Surtain, Knight, Chester, and yes Madison if he accepts a paycut.

^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Bumrush
Charlie Rodgers, Thompson and the entire O-Line

Jamar Fletcher, Eddie Moore, Morlon Greenwood :)

O keepers:
W.Smith, S. Mckinney, Mcmichael, Chambers, Williams, Minor

D Keepers: Taylor, Thomas, Seau, Surtain, Knight, Chester, and yes Madison if he accepts a paycut. [/B]

I agree with this one more than any other except we need to keep Ogun on D too! and i think we should keep Donald Lee on O because he is a good blocker.

keepers on offense
Ricky, McMichael, Konrad, Chambers, McKinney, Smith, Lee
possible trade bait Minor
on defense
Taylor, O-Gun, Surtain, Chester
maybe Zach, Seau, T-Buck, Knight, Greenwood

Re: We need to do a lot of spring cleaning this year...

Originally posted by Gonk
This is what I think we should do this offseason, because this team obviously isn't going anywhere:

Moves:
Trade Sam Madison (hopefully get a 2nd for him)
Trade/Cut Brock Marion (or let him retire)
Cut James McKnight (too much money for a crappy #3)
Cut Jay Fiedler (see-ya)
Cut Brian Griese (nice knowing ya')
Trade/Cut Olindo Mare (kickers should not cost us games + too much money to keep)
Cut Tim Bowens (Zgonina will replace him for a fraction of the price)

That right there will give us more money than we could dream of.

Getting rid of Madison creates 6.952 million dead cap space, and doesn't save ANY money but puts us 0.653 million in the red. We have to pray for a paycut. BOTTOMLINE he stays PERIOD.
Marion cut creates1.65 million dead cap with .05 million in the red, again NO savings. He stays PERIOD.
Mcknight 0.72 million dead cap, savings 1.08 million.
Cutting Fiedler 3.412 dead cap, savings of 2.28 million.
Griese is a goner, 0.5 million dead cap, savings of 5.97 million.
Cut/trade Mare1.977 million dead cap, 0.127 IN THE RED NO SAVINGS, he stays PERIOD
Tim Bowens 1.8 million dead cap, savings of 2.25 million only.

Where is this more money than we could dream of????
Cutting/and or trading most of these guys would absolutely DESTROY our team next year and we wouldn't even be able to field an entire team. This plan would KILL us creating millions in dead cap with minimal savings. Next year is a rough cap situation where we are stuck with most of what we have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom