Merged: Who would.../Dave Wannstedt RENDERED POWERLESS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Who would.../Dave Wannstedt RENDERED POWERLESS

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
Who would...

like to weigh in on Wanny's reaction to yesterday's developments. Where is he? You'd think he would have been at the press conference. I would kill to be a fly on the wall when he reacts. What does everyone think?

I think I'm happy NJ has you as another fine Phin fan in the middle of Jets territory, and I agree that it would be entertaining to see Wanny express exactly how comfortable he is with the changes.:)

Hey Phan - Jersey girl here. Did you ever make it to the Dolfan bar this season? Yeah, (grinning ear to ear), I'm thinkin Wanny must be on vacation or something. He has been conspicuously (sp?) low key since yesterday (or before?).

where is the dolfan bar I saw an ad for it in the digest once but cant find it me and a few friends wanted to take a road trip last season to see a game there (we're from long island)

Hey!

Originally posted by LIDOLFAN
where is the dolfan bar I saw an ad for it in the digest once but cant find it me and a few friends wanted to take a road trip last season to see a game there (we're from long island)

From LI, it would be a road trip, but well worth it!! You can check out ramadaeasthanover.com and click on sportz bar. It's really amazing fun for Dolfans. The manager, Miami Mike, is really cool. Free shots after Dolphin wins - fight song - leads cheers - free giveaways - special promotions - Dolfans have their own large room with the huge projection screen to watch the games and when a Dolphin game is on in that room, no other fans are allowed in. We had a blast our last game of the season when we played the Jets. There were a couple Jets fans in the room (I guess because it was the last game). I brough a green and white sign that said Jets Suck. I taped it to the back of a Dolfan who was sitting directly in front of one of the Jets fans. Then after we beat them, we had the shots and one of the nice regulars was standing on a chair leading the cheer "J-E-T-S suck suck suck!" It was cool.

This season it was packed with Dolfans - I'd say about 50 or more.

You really should try and get there. They're having a great super bowl party with an inexpensive cover $10 and $59.00 rooms in case of overindulgence of fun and/or drink. Well worth the money.

Enjoy.

I'm pretty sure Wannstedt was AT the press conference.....I know I read something about him standing off to the side......I just can't remember where exactly this little blurb was so that I can give you a link....I'll see if I can find it again.....

here ya go.....

The poor coach stood on the sideline at Monday's big announcement, slowly chewing gum, arms mostly folded tightly across his chest. He had to be there. You got the feeling he would rather be working an overnight patrol in Iraq. He did not join franchise owner Wayne Huizenga, Marino, Spielman or club president Eddie Jones at the lectern.

Link :D

Wannstedt kept his job, yeah, despite consecutive seasons out of the playoffs and a fan-approval rating that mirrors that of Haitian president Jean-Bertrand Aristide, but he has now been rendered as powerless as most any head coach in the NFL.

Whether to replace Jay Fiedler as starting quarterback?

No longer the coach's decision.

Whom to draft No. 1?

The broadest direction of the team and franchise?

Out of Wannstedt's hands.

(Dave still gets to decide what shirt he wears on the sideline on game days, pending majority approval of his overriding cabinet.)

No change at all????......hmmmmm.

Thanks Infins. Great stuff. We'll just have to wait and see what he says publicly.

Originally posted by njfinfan
Thanks Infins. Great stuff. We'll just have to wait and see what he says publicly.

Will be interesting to see. I don't think he'll chop off his head in spite of his face, but I'm not sure he'll have an overabundance of cheery happy things to say either.

I'm sure there's several reporters trying to call him.

Dave Wannstedt RENDERED POWERLESS

Wannstedt kept his job, yeah, despite consecutive seasons out of the playoffs and a fan-approval rating that mirrors that of Haitian president Jean-Bertrand Aristide, but he has now been rendered as powerless as most any head coach in the NFL.

Whether to replace Jay Fiedler as starting quarterback?

Whom to draft No. 1?

The broadest direction of the team and franchise?

Out of Wannstedt's hands.

(Dave still gets to decide what shirt he wears on the sideline on game days, pending majority approval of his overriding cabinet.)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/7696401.htm

mod note: a little too much of the article...

Unfortunately, he still gets to call the plays on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom