Merged: Why spend our best pick on someone that won't play next year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Why spend our best pick on someone that won't play next year

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
So Boldin Sucks because the Cardinals Suck...

If you use that line of thinking on everything you would conclude Marino was a bust cause he didn't win a ring.

Boldin was awesome last year. That point has no merit.

I never said he sucks, I agreed and that he was awesome. My point is just getting a WR isn't going to get us to the Super Bowl. My example was Anquan Boldin. Can you not read??

We had SB potential last year and Wade Smith started at LT, the most important and most difficult to play line position.

McMichael started last year and I thought that team had SB potential.

FA are expensive. They are older and this team isn't getting any younger.

We had SB potential last year and Wade Smith started at LT, the most important and most difficult to play line position.

McMichael started last year and I thought that team had SB potential.

FA are expensive. They are older and this team isn't getting any younger.

But we didn't even make the playoffs, and we DRAFTED Wade Smith, and because of his INABILITY to STOP DEs we lost a few games. So AGAIN I prove my point.....GET THEM IN FREE AGENCY!!!!

Whether we make the SB or not next year is not dependent on our draft. It depends on this teams ability, and the ability of our current players and free agent pickups.

The majority of rookies will not come into their own until their 2nd or 3rd year

No we drafted a guy in the third round who played TE a great deal in college and made him learn the most difficult position of all on the line.

IF we draft a True LT or G or C, then we are improving. Getting a QB that is as reliable as a coin flip is way to risky being that we are as close as we are now.

Originally posted by finsnchips
Whether we make the SB or not next year is not dependent on our draft. It depends on this teams ability, and the ability of our current players and free agent pickups.

The majority of rookies will not come into their own until their 2nd or 3rd year

Exactly. Thank you. If anyone want to only focus and siscuss next year start a thread titled FREE AGENCY-WHO WE MIGHT GET. No teams that have SB potential will start a rookie. Its very rare. So if you feel like you only want to think about next year dont even bother mentioning the draft at all.

No we drafted a guy in the third round who played TE a great deal in college and made him learn the most difficult position of all on the line.

IF we draft a True LT or G or C, then we are improving. Getting a QB that is as reliable as a coin flip is way to risky being that we are as close as we are now.

Just how close are we?? Missing the playoffs twice in a row?? Not very close at all. Hell right now it seems that we are just fighting to get back in the playoffs.

In all honesty that is exactly what we are doing - fighting to get back into the plyoffs.

Indianapolis and Tennessee can be classed as close.

Can anyone really see us toppling New England next year. Again i think we will be fighting for a wildcard berth.

Drafting Rivers means the team has a better chance of eventually getting to the Superbowl than they would if they ignore the future of the quarterback position YET AGAIN!!

Of the options available, most are stop gap options. Mark Brunell is a stop gap option. Brad Johnson is a stop gap option. Kurt Warner is a stop gap option.

What do you do if you pass on taking a quarterback now, which may be the team's best chance to land a legitimate quarterback prospect, and one of the stop gap options fail?

The chance to pick up a franchise caliber quarterback comes around only once every so often.

I take it that none of you would have taken Dan Marino if you feel Miami shouldn't draft a QB with their first round pick this year?

Heh... how many threads are you going to start about Wade sucking, and us not getting a QB in the first round? I thought the 4 or 5 is saw were enough! As for your argument: At least Wade Smith has a year's experience at the position. Heck, he even made the All-Rookie team! We draft a OL or WR.... I don't want them starting their rookie season anyhow. We need to fill our starting positions with experienced vets via FA. The draft is a crap shoot... NOTHING guarentees us a sure-fire starter for this upcoming season anyways... why ignore our future, when we have an opportunity to solidify the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE TEAM for years to come, even if a rookie QB has to sit for a year or two. You'd be a fool to guarentee that anyone we draft is going to start next year... despite wether they play QB, RB, OL, WR... whatever.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Darrell Jackson can't catch

Darrell Jackson stats as a number 2 receiver:

68 receptions for 1137 yards averaged 16.7 yards per reception and had 9 TDs.

Chris Chambers as our number one receiver:

64 receptions for 963 yards averaged 15.0 yards per reception and had 11 TDs.

Darrell is no scrub.

And just getting Rivers isnt going to get us there either.

Nobody said lets JUST get Rivers....he's just 1 piece of many in what EVERYBODY that wants Rivers wants to do.

The problem is...we have so many holes to fill that there is many ways to go about the filling. No 1 answer is the only correct answer imo.

Back
Top Bottom