Merged: Why we need to keep Ogunleye/Ogunleye Thought | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Why we need to keep Ogunleye/Ogunleye Thought

i agree that he probably wont make it past FA this season, but thats all the more reason to tag him at a 1st/3rd since it wouldnt be guaranteed that wed lose him next year

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't think we'll ever see a day when a DE is worth two number ones.....Think about all the great DEs, ever....Would you give up two number ones for any of them?(and a GIA-NORMOUS contract?!?!).......If we put the franchise tag on him next year that just means he won't be going anywhere.
I don't know. I'm not saying they'd be lining up around the corner for him, but a few teams might be insterested especially if he has another year like last year. That said, it would be more of a gamble, so we'd have more of a chance of getting the 1st and 3rd now.
I think it's a mute point anyway IMO because I believe some teams will be lining up for him this offseason anyway. We can't afford to match any big money contract another team will offer him. $$$ has to be spent on the O for a change.

Back
Top Bottom