Merged: Woody to Miami?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Woody to Miami??

I still say if we draft an offensive linemen it should be Carey to replace Perry. Then sign a Woody or a Jeno to play LG. Then draft a center in the 3rd/4th (depending if we trade off Ogun) to compete with McKinney at Center.

So you would have:

Smith - Woody/Jeno - McKinney/3rd(4th) rounder - Carey - Wade

Tell me this wouldn't be a kick *** young line to build on with Wade being the 'vet'.

Total investment: Wade's salary, Woody or Jeno's salary, 1st round draft pick, 3rd/4th round draft pick. It's a lot to spend but Feely shouldn't have any excuses behind this line and Ricky would be salivating.

Nails and OL

Just to address the comments on Jamie Nails re-signig and equating that move to automatic improvement along the line just if they line him up at RG??? Don't get me wrong, Jamie was my favoriet player in 2002 before his injury, but he may never be the player he was that year. I realize that he will have a full year of recovery under his belt now, but let's be honest, Jamie was part of the problem on the offensive line last year. To make the same assumption that we mistakedly made about him last year all over again this year could be another fatal mistake. The same scenario can be applied to Mark Dixon. We would be potentially heading down the same road again. Nails may get signed to a vet minimum contract to compete for a starting or reserve spot a guard, but they will sign at least two guards one high draft choice and one priority free agent, lke Chris Villarial, Jeno James , or even Woody. Nails will face an uphill battle to make the roster just based on the numbers of who will be on the roster competing with him this year and he certainly will not be counted on to start. Really Mark Dixon could actually beat Nails out for a reserve spot due to the fact that #1) he is under contract and provides a very minimal savings if he is released. #2)Nails is a free agent. #3)Dixon can play both left tackle and guard, Nails is only a guard. #4)If they use Dixon as the #1 guy off the bench at LT, RT,and guard he may give them more in that role and stay healthier longer than he ever has as a full time player.

If Dixon wants to play another year, he beats Nails out for one of the OL spots due to his ability to play LT. They will need at least one maybe two reserve tackles on the roster and right now there is only Dixon who can play on the left. A guy like Spencer Folau or Barry Stokes might also be added for veteran depth at tackle.

The line could likely look like this:

Wade
Villiarial/Woody/Other FA
McKinney
Draft #1B Snee, Carey, Smiley
Smith

Reserves

Dixon/Nails
Whitley
Yates
S. Folau/B. Stokes/Jerman

We've tried to get Olin Kruetz(sp?) a couple of years ago and we tried to get Gandy last year. I hope that this is the year when we actually get a top player for that o-line and Woody would rank in that category.

Ozzy rules!!

can someone refresh my memory on woodys injury in the playoffs? how serious was it, was it a jamie nails type injury or what? I could definitely see us paying the big bucks only to end up with a semi.
a.k.a half healthy woody

Back
Top Bottom