Merged X 34: Hey look - a Randy Moss thread! | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X 34: Hey look - a Randy Moss thread!

Do you want Moss on the Phins?

• Yes, via waivers or FA

Votes: 208 62.3%
  • Yes, only via waivers

Votes: 61 18.3%
  • Yes, only via FA

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • No

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters
But by the sounds of Lombardi....Moss could clear waivers and become a FA so that he could make more money....maybe he tells every club NO and clear waivers then say, Ok...come get me...just saying

Marshall, Bess, AND Moss! Hartline and Fasano will get more looks too! Try double teaming all THOSE guys! Then it'll open up running room for Ricky and Ronnie! DO EEEEEEEEEEEEET Ireland! We become a top 5 offense INSTANTLY....especially if the rumors are true that Henning is no longer calling plays. If none of the teams above us claim him, this is a no-brainer, IMO.

I dont see how it could hurt us.. A legit vertical threat would be sweet. Marshall would go crazy underneath..

Everywhere he goes the media questions him as a teammate and team player. Not so much his teammates. His production in new england was a fluke. In his last gm he got little to no attempts. The very next gm Branch comes in and gets tons of passes thrown his way. Branch isn't better than Moss is he? Despite that I don't think he would do well here. We already have a OC and at times a QB that can't get the ball to the guys we have

But by the sounds of Lombardi....Moss could clear waivers and become a FA so that he could make more money....maybe he tells every club NO and clear waivers then say, Ok...come get me...just saying

Would be a factor IFFF this was NOT the last year of his contract, and he has a no franchise tag clause in his contract.

I think he almost has to earn the right to get another 10 million dollar pay day (probably won't get that again unless he is truly amazing) by playing out the rest of this contract THIS season.

Nobody is going to give him a big payday until he comes in and tries.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

People, too many teams like the Rams, Seahawks, etc. that have priority over us. Zero chance Moss comes here.

He doesn't have to report to any team that claims him, and I'm sure teams would have prior talks before taking that jump.

If nobody claims him, he becomes a FA and can pick and choose.

If the Dolphins are doing this solely because of the Patriots/Jets . . . I have seen this story before. Didn't we draft Pat White early because we wanted to keep him from the Patriots. **** the Patriots, if you think Randy Moss will benefit this team (which IMO is a no brainer that he would), you put in a claim and you take a chance on the guy, not to keep him away from a division rival.

I seen him a couple of times at Golds gym in Boca he was a pretty nice guy the few times I spoke to him.So I assume he still lives down here pretty quite and not the Diva type at all

Boca is a prime location for South Florida athletes. Easy commute from Glades Road and the Turnpike to any of the sporting facilities, and nice community. Hell if he needs a driver to the games, I am free on Sunday's.

I still don't understand how the hell you can re-shuffle waiver priority for Week 8 results when Week 8 isn't even done yet. The Texans and Colts still have a game tonight. I would THINK it would have to be Week 7 priorities.

Adam Schefter has us at #18 on waiver wire as well. I trust what he says.
I understand what you are saying and thought the same myself.
I started the thread to give people here a better idea where we stood.
I should have been more specific about the list being a guide and not law.
I basically wanted to clear up some of the confusions that yes he has to pass through waivers and yes his contract still has to be paid (alot of people actually thought he would play 4 free where he signed), and what our general chances are of claiming him.

Here is why: "The Dolphins would want Moss simply to avoid letting the Patriots get him."

Per: http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/25613061

Also he is a cancer to any team he is on (that's not in Boston). And who cares about talent when he lollygags on the field the whole game. Yeah we'll pay him his contract to ride the pine and piss Belichick off. I wouldn't say its without purpose.
Honestly, all he needs to do is be out there to open things up for Marshall. You can't not double Moss which means that Marshall or Bess would be open more. We only really need him as a decoy who can make the occasional big play.

Back
Top Bottom