Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins

What we're really thin at is locker room cancers, let's keep it that way. We don't need this primadonna influencing what's a very young talented team.

Look at the annointed great Dallas team after BP leaves they bring in Tank Johnson, then "don't call me" PacMan Jones and these wonderfully talented players have done what exactly to help their team.

We may need help at CB but not D.Hall type help, I trust BP won't go near this guy and allow him to be someone else's problem.

You guys do remember that we were interested in D Hall earlier this year. Then Oak overpaid way too much for him. We did have talks though. I think BP could still be a player. He is a smart guy and knows that D Hall is talented. Do I have to post the 2008 and career #'s for our CB and D Hall. To sum it up D Hall has 20 career INT. Lehan,Goodman,Will Allen combined have 21 INT for their career. And that is D HAll 4.5 yrs and with our combined years 19.5 yrs. So in 4 1/2 yrs D Hall has 1 less INT than our 3 CB have in 19 1/2 yrs of playing time. In 65 games D hall has 20 INT. IN 257 games our 3 CB have 21 INT. D Hall has 1 INT every 3 games. Our 3 CB have 1 INT every 12 games. D Hall has 3 INt this year. Allen,Lehan,Goodman have 3 combined on the year. D Hall has 40 tackles this year. Our combined is 62 tackles for 3 players. D Hall has 13 Pass Deflections this year. Allen and Goodman have 15 combined.D Hall has 3 career Force Fumbles. Our 3 guys have 3 FF combined career. D Hall has 2 career TD - Goodman ,Allen, Lehan have 1 combined TD. D Hall is 24 yrs old. Will Allen is 30 , A Goodman is 30 , Lehan is 28. Has Lehan or Goodman ever played an entire season. I dont think so. Allen only has 12 INT in his 111 game 7 1/2 yr career. Wow how do people say he is so great. He is good but great no. We are not going to get Asomugha now so make a play. D Hall is better than our CB we have. Jason Allen is not going to be a good NFL CB . He is a Safety. All our CB are topping the 30 yr old mark.; Time for young blood. I agree with one other poster in saying bring in TRae Williams. I thought we should have drafted Charles Godfrey, Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick. But we didnt. Hope we get Jenkins or Davis this year. God i hope its not Malauga. But anyways Look at the stats and tell me D Hall is not better than our scraps. Problem players always become not such a problem with BP teaching and controling them. It costs us nothing but money and we have plenty of that. If we can sign him and he plays well we can trade him for the coveted draft picks everyone on here loves so much . Even though draft picks rarely make a contribution the 1st couple of years. It would not hurt to bring him in. He is good and wood be a good fit here. Anyones stats that played beside of Asomugha in Oak would be terible. I strongly believe that if Champ Bailey played in OAk teams would throw at him alot instead of Asomugha. I think Asomugha has only been throw at like 12 times this year. If Champ had someone throwin at him 20 times a game he would give up more plays and his stats would suffer too. Think about that. Look at his team and who he plays beside of. Plus he takes chances in Oakland to try to get the O back the ball. They are usually so far down that he has to take chances to get the ball back to Russell and CO.

You guys do remember that we were interested in D Hall earlier this year. Then Oak overpaid way too much for him. We did have talks though. I think BP could still be a player. He is a smart guy and knows that D Hall is talented. Do I have to post the 2008 and career #'s for our CB and D Hall. To sum it up D Hall has 20 career INT. Lehan,Goodman,Will Allen combined have 21 INT for their career. And that is D HAll 4.5 yrs and with our combined years 19.5 yrs. So in 4 1/2 yrs D Hall has 1 less INT than our 3 CB have in 19 1/2 yrs of playing time. In 65 games D hall has 20 INT. IN 257 games our 3 CB have 21 INT. D Hall has 1 INT every 3 games. Our 3 CB have 1 INT every 12 games. D Hall has 3 INt this year. Allen,Lehan,Goodman have 3 combined on the year. D Hall has 40 tackles this year. Our combined is 62 tackles for 3 players. D Hall has 13 Pass Deflections this year. Allen and Goodman have 15 combined.D Hall has 3 career Force Fumbles. Our 3 guys have 3 FF combined career. D Hall has 2 career TD - Goodman ,Allen, Lehan have 1 combined TD. D Hall is 24 yrs old. Will Allen is 30 , A Goodman is 30 , Lehan is 28. Has Lehan or Goodman ever played an entire season. I dont think so. Allen only has 12 INT in his 111 game 7 1/2 yr career. Wow how do people say he is so great. He is good but great no. We are not going to get Asomugha now so make a play. D Hall is better than our CB we have. Jason Allen is not going to be a good NFL CB . He is a Safety. All our CB are topping the 30 yr old mark.; Time for young blood. I agree with one other poster in saying bring in TRae Williams. I thought we should have drafted Charles Godfrey, Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick. But we didnt. Hope we get Jenkins or Davis this year. God i hope its not Malauga. But anyways Look at the stats and tell me D Hall is not better than our scraps. Problem players always become not such a problem with BP teaching and controling them. It costs us nothing but money and we have plenty of that. If we can sign him and he plays well we can trade him for the coveted draft picks everyone on here loves so much . Even though draft picks rarely make a contribution the 1st couple of years. It would not hurt to bring him in. He is good and wood be a good fit here. Anyones stats that played beside of Asomugha in Oak would be terible. I strongly believe that if Champ Bailey played in OAk teams would throw at him alot instead of Asomugha. I think Asomugha has only been throw at like 12 times this year. If Champ had someone throwin at him 20 times a game he would give up more plays and his stats would suffer too. Think about that. Look at his team and who he plays beside of. Plus he takes chances in Oakland to try to get the O back the ball. They are usually so far down that he has to take chances to get the ball back to Russell and CO.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paragraph

I don't care to have him a Dolphin I guess, but it sucks that he could go to the Pats and it will dramaticly improve them (they suck so no matter what you think of Hall he is a huge improvement) AND we will have to hear for years how Bill Belacheat "gets the most out of and turns wayward players".

I say sign him to avoid that.

Shefter just said the Giants, Redskins, Steelers, Pats and Saints are interested. No mention of the Dolphins. Jason Allen has finally settled in and in back to back weeks has played ball. Culver has been a nice surprise to the secondary. Goodman is finally making plays cause he is at nickel and Allen is have a great season. I dont see what the love fest for Hall is.

The guys is gonna demand money that can be used on Carey, Bell and Crowder. No to mention we are in awesome position to aquire FAs next year.

I have to agree but I wonder if Hall would want more than Gamble, Robinson or Greer. We should consider at least consider the thought of signing him with that in mind.

Hall

ESPN just announced 3 of the team interested in him: Pats, Steelers, Skins (didn't mention fins, which is why I am posting in this forum).

I'm kind of surprised the Cowboys aren't. Their secondary is horrible, and they haven't exactly shied away from players with on and off the field troubles recently.

Holy wall of text, BATMAN!

ESPN just announced 3 of the team interested in him: Pats, Steelers, Skins (didn't mention fins, which is why I am posting in this forum).
Only good that they did not mention us, would rather not see us take over his record contract from the Raiders. It's huge!

But yes cowboys, is a bit surprising..;)

Yes, that is a lot of text for one paragraph. And yes, these guys have a valid point in making fun of you for you're limited literature skills. But I actually did bother to read your post and kudos to you for the research. Those numbers make for a compelling argument.

Aint happening anymore than Roy Williams was happening. People see a big name and they salivate at the mouth, but the fact of the matter is he's just not worth getting into a bidding war over.

He's one of the worst DBs in the league:

Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS LLC. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed.
-http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-hall&prov=ap&type=lgns

He guesses waaaaaaaaaaay to much and doesn't recover well. He gets his picks because he tries to jump every route. Unfortunately teams know this and run a lot of double moves on him. They'll run an actual single move route to keep him honest and that's where he makes his money. Give a DB a contract that focuses on picks and he'll get his picks, but he'll also give up TDs.

He makes a lot of tackles because he watches the WR catch the ball and then tackles him. The more tackles you make the more you are likely to force fumbles. Statistically speaking he's a very good DB. However, when you put those statistics into perspective he's awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom