Merged X5: Colt Brennan is blowing it up so far | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: Colt Brennan is blowing it up so far

Im the biggest Colt Brennan fan you will find, but I even admit that the Georgia game wasn't bs. Georgia just flat out-played Hawaii, the better team won. Hawaii's offense was too 1-dimensional. Just like the Michigan-Florida bowl game, where Chad Henne picked apart Florida's defense all day.

I was watching this game last night and after his nice throw over the middle I knew I would come on here today and find atleast one.....We should of Drafted Colt thread?!?!?!?!?!? Low and behold this place never disapoints lol

I know he was playing against 3rd stringers but his deep ball looked amazing and his accuracy was on point. He threw all over the field watchout Jason Campbell. Man the Redskins looked good maybe Jason Taylor made a good choice to go to them. But i think he will be eating his words when the fins are on the same level as the team he got traded to. I hate JT because he deserted us.

Im not saying we should have drafted him but he would have been a better option than Lex Hilliard Parmalee was o good pick but LEX sucks

Im not saying we should have drafted him but he would have been a better option than Lex Hilliard Parmalee was o good pick but LEX sucks

And don't get me worng I'm not trying to throw you under the bus w/ my post. I was thinking we'd see atleast one...lets trade Beck and Henne for Colt post lol...I just knew as soon as he threw a couple nice throws his name would be on here today. Who knows what he will be like as a pro but as far as 1st pre-season games go I don't think he could of had a much better one. I just try to stay away from the we should-a-could-a-would-a theory. But to answer ur question, how offten have teams drafted more then one qb in the same draft? I really can't think of any off the top of my head. I think we know BP was a Henne fan all the way so thats why we prolly never looked at Colt. Plus the Georgia killed his draft stock.

Hilliard was brought in to perhaps convert to a Fullback. If you think about it drafting Henne and Brennan wouldn't have made much sense, especially with Beck and McCown already being on the roster. If we should've drafted anybody instead of Hilliard it should've been Mike Hart, I stopped watching right after he ripped off 3 straight 15 yd runs. Plus Brennan's accuracy and deep ball were great, again, because he was playing against 3rd Stringers. There was nobody in his face, except for the one sack he took and his pass to Billy McMullen was blown coverage by the Colts Corner, McMullen basically stopped completely to catch the ball. Im just saying that Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders gives any QB fits and I'd like to see Colt Brennan put up the same performance against them. However, if you wanna go purely on stats why dont we start a "Should've signed Quinn Gray/Jim Sorgi" thread? They put up pretty good performances, too.

And don't get me worng I'm not trying to throw you under the bus w/ my post. I was thinking we'd see atleast one...lets trade Beck and Henne for Colt post lol...I just knew as soon as he threw a couple nice throws his name would be on here today. Who knows what he will be like as a pro but as far as 1st pre-season games go I don't think he could of had a much better one. I just try to stay away from the we should-a-could-a-would-a theory. But to answer ur question, how offten have teams drafted more then one qb in the same draft? I really can't think of any off the top of my head. I think we know BP was a Henne fan all the way so thats why we prolly never looked at Colt. Plus the Georgia killed his draft stock.

The Packers did it just this year, I think. They took Brohm in the 2nd round and Matt Flinn in the 7th.

Colt played against a 3rd String Colts team. Even a bunch of starters on the Colts Defense didnt play... Im not knocking Colt, he's good, but he was on the third team facing a third team. If Freeney and Bob Sanders were playing, it would have been different.

Jim Zorn runs a West Coast offense. Brennan's skill set translates perfectly into that system. It's not surprising he did as well as he did, last night.

colt brennan is the real deal-
that Georgia game was bs-

I will say this until my face turns blue, I don't care if you are Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Tom Brandy or Colt Brannan. If your line does not give you time to throw you will not have an affective QB performance, period. Georgia out matched Hawaii up front and man handled the line of scrimmage, to a smaller extent the same thing happened in the Super Bowl with the Giants D-line and Pat’s O-line. While I am not saying Colt is the next Tom Brandy I really hope he excels as a QB if not for the shear point that I love players who are wrote off before they are even given an opportunity to prove themselves. One particular guy from Miami comes to mind and his name was Zach Thomas, too small to be affective, to slow to be great…. Same stuff you hear about Colt, I hope three years from now Miami has a proven QB and Colt is starting for the Skins.

He was playing against 3/4 string. he did look good, but would not have looked so good in first string.

This probably doesnt' belong here, but what the heck, it kinda does pertain to us because of the contrast between thier 3rd string qb kicking a 3rd string defenses ***, wereas none of our QBs are currently able to kick any of our defenses ***. embarrassing.

I don't care what system the Skins are using, if it allows thier QBs to be successful.. then they are using the right system, and it makes me question the system we are using. If our players can't fit the system, shouldn't we try to fit the system to the players?

He looked good. He was playing against grocery baggers but still he looked like he has some playmaker in him. Off the subject....did you guys hear Madden go into a 10 minute I love Bret tirade. I actually think he is in love with Bret

The Packers did it just this year, I think. They took Brohm in the 2nd round and Matt Flinn in the 7th.

Haha good call. Your right and now I feel like an idot. Oh well but I can still say it doesn't happen often. And w/ the other two qb's we have I just don't think it made sense to draft two more. But I will agree I wish we got Mike Hart. Being a Penn State fan I can say I've seen him kill us enough to know he's prolly gonna be a good back in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom