Merged X5: Colt Brennan is blowing it up so far | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: Colt Brennan is blowing it up so far

Mike Hart did look great he has excellent vision and is patient with his running. I think he would be a stud in our offense for especially working with his old teammate in Long and Henne. It would have been a great pick up in the 6th round. But anywqay did you read how the QB's are doing today. McCown is down right sloppy tripping over the feet of his lineman and fumbling the snap. It looks like Henne had another good day. Beck would of had a good day if the receivers would help him. Is it me but i get the feeling that the players dont want Beck to start because they just keep dropping his passes or is our WR play that bad!

Brock Berlin played well for us in the preseason. Where is he now? (Wow, he is on a team).

Brennan will develop into a good backup/occasional starter. I don't think he would fit well here. Besides, the front office always picks against the quarterbacks I want (Quinn and then Stanton in 2007, Brohm in 2008).

if they hit on brennan late god bless them, a late round pick was worth it, but beck and henne should have better upside we will see, we need some luck at QB

All the Quarterbacks that played for the redskins were 90% complete with no Picks. It's the new system that Jim Zorn installed. A Chad Henne would have done the same thing. Its a lot of high percentange passes to Tight Ends and Running Backs. And then becuase they were successful during the run, they can play action to a WR. Skins looked good even though it was a meaningless HOF game.

Brennan looked like a stud, passes were perfectly placed every time with a nice touch. This guy is going to be reeeal good. Our QB's can't even complete passes in practice so i don't want to hear it's only a pre-season game. The guy can flat out pass.

If Brennan comes out last year he may have gone in the second round. He is drafted in the sixth round this year most of which was related to the georgia game. He was not given to time to throw the ball against georgia. There defense was just to big and strong for Hawaii. Nothing to do with Brennan. I have watched that guy play for three years and he is very accurate and seems to always find the open guy. Usually Bess. We are seeing in Bess that Hawaii and the wac for that matter has outstanding football players that are often over looked because of the confrence they play in. For us to pass on this guy at the 6th round is just another episode frustation at the qb position. We should have drafted 2 qbs and brought in at least one other qb to compete. We will be lucky to have one decent qb out of our crop and what happens when that person goes down. It would have been nice to have Colt on the bench to go to.

This probably doesnt' belong here, but what the heck, it kinda does pertain to us because of the contrast between thier 3rd string qb kicking a 3rd string defenses ***, wereas none of our QBs are currently able to kick any of our defenses ***. embarrassing.

I don't care what system the Skins are using, if it allows thier QBs to be successful.. then they are using the right system, and it makes me question the system we are using. If our players can't fit the system, shouldn't we try to fit the system to the players?

Our QBs are going against our 1st String Defense 75-80% of the time or a mix of 1st/2nd String. Also, I can't see how you can be so grim about our QBs. I dont see how you can get an accurate measure of how good they really are translating Training Camp Drills to In-Game. I expect them to be better when they can just go out and play.

I'm pretty sure any of us could step into the Redskins system and be successful. They're system would make John Beck look like a god considering 3 out of 4 passes are screens and flats. I'm gonna say it till I'm blue in the face, He played against a 3rd String Defense! You cannot say he'd make an effective starter or a good QB because Freeney and Sanders were not on the field.

One thing I noticed is that he had a lot of time to throw the ball. OL did a pretty good job.

Was he ever seriously pressured or sacked? I can't recall much other than scrambling out of the pocket.

The QB success starts up front. If the QB has no time, he is on his way to having a poor performance.

Quinn Gray even played very well last night also, just goes to show these games are noting to get excited about so saying Colt Brennan is a superstar after playing one pre-season game against mostly third stringers is a little over the top.

One thing I noticed is that he had a lot of time to throw the ball. OL did a pretty good job.

Was he ever seriously pressured or sacked? I can't recall much other than scrambling out of the pocket.

The QB success starts up front. If the QB has no time, he is on his way to having a poor performance.

Colts have very little depth evryone knows that..., I didn't see much but vanilla - washington even sent the blitz they wanted that game much more...

Colt Brennan

We should've also drafted Colt Brennan....
Theres no reason why we could'nt spend a 7th on this guy as Washington did, really what do we have to lose? Actually we have everything to gain, whos to say he couldnt be better than what we have, which isnt much. He was supposed to be the next Trojan's QB after Lienart, oviously things didn't work out there, then he did bad on his interviews, but its obvious the guy has talent! Total BS on behalf of this FO!!!!

We should've also drafted Colt Brennan....
Theres no reason why we could'nt spend a 7th on this guy as Washington did, really what do we have to lose? Actually we have everything to gain, whos to say he couldnt be better than what we have, which isnt much. He was supposed to be the next Trojan's QB after Lienart, oviously things didn't work out there, then he did bad on his interviews, but its obvious the guy has talent! Total BS on behalf of this FO!!!!

NO! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom