(Merged xbunch))Clayton says Wallace deal is 5 years/$65 million, $13yr | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xbunch))Clayton says Wallace deal is 5 years/$65 million, $13yr

I hear all this hype about Mike Wallace coming to South Florida, which is great. Have we ever stop to consider does he do the little but essential things, like Block!! Can he block anybody?! Hes not that big of a guy so he has to show me he's worth 11-13Mill a year.

We just spent 65M 13M a year for 5 years. This better pan out and win us a Super Bowl or I am going to ****** kill Ireland myself. Unreal.

I hear all this hype about Mike Wallace coming to South Florida, which is great. Have we ever stop to consider does he do the little but essential things, like Block!! Can he block anybody?! Hes not that big of a guy so he has to show me he's worth 11-13Mill a year.

Receivers aren't there to block dude! They are there to catch touchdown passes! Jesus Christ man!

Call me buzzkill but dont see whats so amazing about signing a guy when you offer him 13 million a year. Very good receiver but he is isnt one of the top receivers in the NFL but we paid him like he was.
I guess we were damned if we do and damed if we dont. If he signs elsewhere people see Ireland as weak because he let him go( I wouldnt I would commend not overpaying) It makes a splash makes news , personally I think we have alot of holes and we overpaid to fill one. Who knows we may get Long back at decent value but I dont see him giving us that great a deal.

Call me buzzkill but dont see whats so amazing about signing a guy when you offer him 13 million a year. Very good receiver but he is isnt one of the top receivers in the NFL but we paid him like he was.
I guess we were damned if we do and damed if we dont. If he signs elsewhere people see Ireland as weak because he let him go( I wouldnt I would commend not overpaying) It makes a splash makes news , personally I think we have alot of holes and we overpaid to fill one. Who knows we may get Long back at decent value but I dont see him giving us that great a deal.

You do know he's only going to cost us a cap hit of about 6-7 million this year, don't you? And by cutting Dansby and signing Ellerbe we're basically left with the same amount of salary cap room that we started the afternoon with. What the heck is not to like???

You do know he's only going to cost us a cap hit of about 6-7 million this year, don't you? And by cutting Dansby and signing Ellerbe we're basically left with the same amount of salary cap room that we started the afternoon with. What the heck is not to like???

You pay for it at some point. All contracts are low the first year but next year it will be a pretty major hit. Very seldom does any contract cost alot first year. Now look at us with Danby contract we have dead cap the next two seasons that could be an actual decent player same with MArshall last year. Not one player that signed anywhere today signed a contract thats a major hit year one. I mean by your theory you could pay him 20 million per and because it has a low first year salary it would be good idea

ESPN now reporting it is 5 years, $60 million with $30 million guaranteed.

That is better but still dont think he is worth 12 million a year. I wonder why the earlier details
I keep hearing 65 million from many sources though.

Fine so you'd let him walk if someone else offered him 12

Personally yes. These deals never seem to work out when its money like that. Its all relative. If he plays like Vincent Jackson did last year then nobody will have any complaints.
I just dont like setting up team to take on a bunch of dead cap. At the end of the day we signed a good player, dont like the money esp with his production last year but if he succeeds I will be happy.

I think it's a little ridiculous in the grand scheme of things for people to argue that 11M per is a steal and 13M per is wildly overpaid. It cost what it cost to get him. That's the most important thing. The difference in yearly is the contract of an Artis Hicks. We weren't getting him for less than 10M and he probably would have gotten offers at 12M. I just hope it was structured well enough that if things go bad we can get out of it before it drags on our franchise, but other than that I'm unbelievably excited to have him on the team. We needed a speed playmaker on the outside and we just got the best.

Why are people still saying it's 13 mil per when it's 12 mil per?

The actual contract came out and it's 5 years 60 mil

Back
Top Bottom