(Merged xbunch))Clayton says Wallace deal is 5 years/$65 million, $13yr | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xbunch))Clayton says Wallace deal is 5 years/$65 million, $13yr

Re: Offical Deal is 5 years $57 million per schefter, nice job Ireland!

You know what's crazy? ESPN doesn't even have an article mentioning the deal anywhere. We always talk tongue in cheek about how biased they are towards the Fins but this takes the cake.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a Jeff Ireland fan, I'm just not and my reasoning is simple. 4 losing seasons in row as GM. I'll become a fan when we win a playoff game. Having said that, yes good job getting this done and executing it perfectly. We will see how it turns out with Wallace. I usually watch football at a Steeler fan's house on Sundays so I've seen just about every Steeler game since Wallace was a rookie. He's gonna help our O with the home run threat. I remember rooting against the Steelers for a lot of those games and being so annoyed when Ben would just heave up the ugliest pass and somehow Wallace would come down with it, usually in the end zone. I also disagree with the notion that he avoids contact. Glad he's here now let's get a solid TE.

oh well, i expected 15 million per year honestly but we were going to overpay whether it is 12 million or 15 million per year. Glad we have him though, he's a very good receiver not as good as people make him to be on this site but a Top 15 receiver nonetheless. Hope Cook signs, and hope we still draft Swope and a 2nd round TE. And then there's no excuse for Tannehill to take the next step.

Ouch! I'll actually be kinda pissed if Jennings signs for less than 11 mil.
However, if Wallace is still ballin' in 2016 then it's a steal.

Mike Wallace is a Miami Dolphin

MIke Wallace and the Dolphins have agreed to a five-year contract that will pay him between $60 and $65 million if he meets all its incentives.

The contract includes a substantial amount of guaranteed money. Although that figure is not yet known, it will be approximately $30 million.

Wallace will be the third-highest paid wide receiver in the NFL behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, according to a person familiar with the deal.

The contract is not yet signed. Wallace is in South Florida and taking a physical and could sign the deal if he passes, as expected. He will sign the deal this evening.

The Dolphins have been making press conference plans but likely that will happen Wednesday.

Wallace is the deep-threat receiver the Dolphins have lacked since Jeff Ireland became the general manager. Frankly, the Dolphins haven't had a similar deep-threat weapon since Irving Fryar played for the team in the mid 1990s.

The Dolphins are not finished revamping their offense, and specifically their passing game.

The club is deep into negotiation for bringing former Tennessee tight end Jared Cook to the team. Cook is the seam-threat player the team wanted but could get from Michael Egnew and Charles Clay.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...wallace-is-a-miami-dolphin.html#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom