Merged3X: The Madden Jinx Continues/Vick injured/Vick breaks fibula | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged3X: The Madden Jinx Continues/Vick injured/Vick breaks fibula

Michael Vick = Fractured Right Fibula

Looks like we're facing Doug Johnson next week.

Probably not season-ending. But it sure isn't good.

Re: Michael Vick = Fractured Right Fibula

Originally posted by Muck
Looks like we're facing Doug Johnson next week.

Probably not season-ending. But it sure isn't good.

I like Vick, and I think he's good for the NFL. I hope he can get back to playing this year.

I wish we could have faced the Falcons full strength. Vick would have been a GREAT test for this D. I thought they were going to have a really good season this year. They were my pick for the NFC this year, so much for that.

Oliver...

The Madden Jinx Continues

Well first it was Barry Sanders retiring eddie george gettin hurt Culpepper not playin well and Faulk gettin hurt Now it appears that the Madden football coverguy jinx has made a visit to Michael Vick Please lets pray next year no dolphins are on the cover LOL

That sucks. I guess we're not the only team that suffers injuries. I hope he's not out too long. He's a hell of a player.

If they can hang on for 6 weeks or so, they'll still have a shot. I'm betting (hoping) he comes back by midseason. So it's up to Doug Johnson and those RBs to get her done offensively.

Originally posted by Muck
If they can hang on for 6 weeks or so, they'll still have a shot. I'm betting (hoping) he comes back by midseason. So it's up to Doug Johnson and those RBs to get her done offensively.

I was listening to Thiesman on ESPN talking about Vick's injury, like I'm sure most of you all were as well, I just can't see Vick being able to come back the way Thiesman is talking about. Even if he can come back and stand up and throw, is that what makes Vick, Vick?

I don't think they should rush him back before he's 100%, if that means he misses the entire season then I say that's what needs to be done. If he goes back out there and he cannot scramble. I do not think he can be as good as he normally is, and at that point, what would be the point of doing that?

Oliver...

Holy crap, the Madden Curse has struck already! Note to Ricky Williams, NEVAR EVAR put yourself on the cover of that otherwise fine video game.

I like Vick, but he's finding out why he wont be the prototype QB......in the NFL, a QB who looks to run after his first reads is prone to injury. Lead the team, throw the ball, run when all else fails.....but a QB who looks for a 100 yrds rushing per game in the NFL is inviting disaster.

In a pre-season game no less.........

The Madden Curse stikes again!

*Mods please leave this in the forum for a bit than move it to wherever you wish, i want as many people to see this as possible....

Michael Vick, the next NFL superstar that was destined to have an amazing year with newly acquired receiver Peerless Price, broke a Fibula (leg bone) during a first quarter fall in the falcons pre-season game on saturday, he is out 6 weeks....now the MAdden Curse comes back to haunt Vick...here are a few examples over the past couple of years....

2001 Eddie George gets hurt and has a horrible year after being 6 yards from a super bowl the year before...
2002 Daunte Culpepper has an awful year as well after having the Vikings go to the NFC Championship game.
2003 MArshall Faulk, the anchor of a team that returned to the Superbowl, suffers various injuries and has a poor year.

2004 (like cars, MAdden games are labeled a year in advance) Michael Vick gets hurt in a pre-season game today and is out 6 weeks.

Thank god Ricky does commercial spots for the game and doesnt appear on the cover....

I was just gonna say that Kamikaze. I will miss him greatly this year, he can't hurt us so I want him to do great, he's just so much fun to watch and even more of an incentive to watch other teams' games. They say minimum of 3, I bet it's at least 8-10. Fractures are usually worst than breaks and that is the worst bone to break in your body. My cousin broke her fibula in a car accident several years ago and was in a wheelchair for almost a year. I know she isn't Mike Vick but that's just an idea of how important that bone is.

Back
Top Bottom