Merged3X: The Madden Jinx Continues/Vick injured/Vick breaks fibula | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged3X: The Madden Jinx Continues/Vick injured/Vick breaks fibula

The Madden Solution!

Yea i noticed after i posted that....

However, will the whole curse work in reverse, lets say we put an underachieving player on the cover, would they become an all-pro? It may not sell games, but EA doesnt have to worry about that, they could put Al Bundy on the cover and still beat out Sega's NFL 2k(ESPN)'s series...I say we put Jamar Fletcher on the cover next year and if htis works in reverse we get an all-star! :)

I thought Vick would be the man to break it.....guess I was wrong. Madden has struck again.

Originally posted by Oliver

I was listening to Thiesman on ESPN talking about Vick's injury, like I'm sure most of you all were as well, I just can't see Vick being able to come back the way Thiesman is talking about. Even if he can come back and stand up and throw, is that what makes Vick, Vick?

I don't think they should rush him back before he's 100%, if that means he misses the entire season then I say that's what needs to be done. If he goes back out there and he cannot scramble. I do not think he can be as good as he normally is, and at that point, what would be the point of doing that?

Oliver...

Agreed. Vick isn' Vick unless he can run. No need to risk his career, bring him back when he id 100% healthy.

Well, that didn't take long... 2 days after the game is released... the curse works quickly this time around. :eek:

Wow, it's amazing to me that I didn't notice the famous "Madden curse" til the threads popped about.. JT and Ricky need to stay away from Madden and his cover..

JUST SAY NO :lol:

the injury to vick is sad news , i hate to see anyone get injured. but thats the nature of the game of football. people get hurt and the more you have the ball in your hands the greater the risk. thats why i cant stand that injury prone term always applied to jay. by that logic i guess vick is officialy a injury prone qb along with aikmen, montana,young,kelly, mcnair, marino, elway the list goes on and on. i just believe injuries are a part of the game. and thank God that if or when jay suffers an injury ,hopefuly thats if. it looks like we have quality back ups in griese and sage. hope vick has a speedy recovery.

Originally posted by Va.fin fan
the injury to vick is sad news , i hate to see anyone get injured. but thats the nature of the game of football. people get hurt and the more you have the ball in your hands the greater the risk. thats why i cant stand that injury prone term always applied to jay. by that logic i guess vick is officialy a injury prone qb along with aikmen, montana,young,kelly, mcnair, marino, elway the list goes on and on. i just believe injuries are a part of the game. and thank God that if or when jay suffers an injury ,hopefuly thats if. it looks like we have quality back ups in griese and sage. hope vick has a speedy recovery.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. :up:

holy ****!...i've been out all night so I just heard the news...damn, this ****ing sucks...man preseason sucks..2 more games left:(

I don't think its guys who run who are the ones that are injury prone, its just Vick. If you've ever seen him run he really does run with a whole lot of wreckless abandon, and he tosses his body in so many different positions an injury IMO was only a matter of time. But he knew this, and that is why he has concentrated real hard and made great strides in being a pocket passer. I dont know how the injury happened though, I havent read about it yet.

But I do remember this, back when he played for VaTech, he went up against Miami with a sprained ankle. He could throw great and his OL would block well, but he just couldn't run with wreckless abandon. He stunk, had to be taken out at halftime.

Doug Johnson running that offense is no slouch, some within the organization thing Doug runs that offense to near its fullest capabilities, but its Vick who is going to make the big plays that turn a game around, put a game away, or come through in the clutch.

Sucks for Vick and sucks for the NFL. Vick was starting to look like the Michael Jordan of the NFL. They hype machine surrounding his play was moving extremely fast and I was onboard :( Hopefully he will back soon.

Back
Top Bottom