Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA

snowy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Corey Simon--UFA?

Apparently the Eagles have cut Corey Simon loose and withdrawn the franchise tag!!! Big move by the eagles...can't imagine we have the cap flexibility to sign him but he would be a huge addition to the DL...

rotoworld.com

The Eagles have withdrawn their franchise tender offer to DT Corey Simon, making him an unrestricted free agent.
A truly surprising move. The Eagles have quality tackles four deep, including their first-round pick Mike Patterson, so they just decided to move on. Simon should draw interest around the NFL, although few teams have big salary cap room left. Green Bay and Baltimore are two teams that make sense to us.:confused:

snowy said:
Apparently the Eagles have cut Corey Simon loose and withdrawn the franchise tag!!! Big move by the eagles...can't imagine we have the cap flexibility to sign him but he would be a huge addition to the DL...

rotoworld.com

The Eagles have withdrawn their franchise tender offer to DT Corey Simon, making him an unrestricted free agent.
A truly surprising move. The Eagles have quality tackles four deep, including their first-round pick Mike Patterson, so they just decided to move on. Simon should draw interest around the NFL, although few teams have big salary cap room left. Green Bay and Baltimore are two teams that make sense to us.:confused:

Man I wish we had some left over money Simon is a stud. But since we will have a tough time making the playoffs this year we need to save our money and get Wright and Vickerson some playing time.

a problem i see with the Ravens signing him..which will have to be a big contract...is how are they gonna sign Ed Reed back?

Thats would be great for Miami. They should go after him.

seems to me like hes looking to cash in big time and then coast the rest of his career, from what i understand hes never had the best attitude or work ethic to start with, but no denying he is a great talent

It'd be a good signing other from the fact that Saban's defense doesnt have alot of use for a player that is basically only for a one-gap penetrator type. We've already got Jeff Zgonina who really doesnt fit the system, we dont need anyone else.

I always thought Simon was a little overrated.

My best friend is an Eagles fan and he is actually hjappy the Eagles did this...the guy wanted too much money.

The Eagles don't mess around. Let him try and find a big contract now that every team is up against the cap.

Remember, they did the same thing to Jeremiah Trotter a few years back. Trotter was an outstanding MLB who was only 25 years of age. Two years later, he comes crawling back for a lower end contract.

Anyway, Simon would be nice. But I see no chance of him landing here. The only way would be if Simon agreed to a 1-year deal, since we're grooming Vickerson and Wright for the position at low end, rookie rates. But Simon just turned down a 1-year deal for top money. That's not what he's looking for.

Missed the other thread, I did a search and it didn't come up, just noticed it now.:grouplaug

adamprez2003 said:
I think it would be great but I dont think we can afford him
Probably can't afford him for sure but man it would be sweet if we could.

Back
Top Bottom