Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Go ahead, put Corey Simon on a team like Green Bay....He'll fold. He's an all-pro because of the great system Jim Johnson has, he shows nothing special that shows he's one of the top DT's in the league. If he leaves and takes the money to go play with some lousy team like the Giants, he'll do as well as the rest of the Eagles who left Johnson's system. Like:

Jeremiah Trotter: Redskins
Hugh Douglas: Jaguars
Carlos Emmons: Giants
Bobby Taylor: Seahawks
Troy Vincent: Bills (Still sort of unproven though)

And the list goes on......

Good post. I said on the eagles board yesterday he will be back in green by the end of next season.

Saban4prez said:
he wants money. we don;t have it. simple ain't it.

I like the way you put this entire thread into perspective.

i was listening to 790, don't know who said it don't ask, but they said corey simon had decline a previous offer by baltimore, they were saying he may offer a hometown discount :lol:

Ricky Brown said:
i was listening to 790, don't know who said it don't ask, but they said corey simon had decline a previous offer by baltimore, they were saying he may offer a hometown discount :lol:

Yeah from what I understand up here the eagles worked out compensation with baltimore for a trade and the only thing left was to work out a contract with baltimore who reportedly couldn't get it done w/ simon's agent. supposedly his agent is a harda$$ (although that may be eagles FO rhetoric)......

phillyphinphan said:
Yeah from what I understand up here the eagles worked out compensation with baltimore for a trade and the only thing left was to work out a contract with baltimore who reportedly couldn't get it done w/ simon's agent. supposedly his agent is a harda$$ (although that may be eagles FO rhetoric)......

that is correct. Philly was going to get a 2nd and 3rd rounder from Baltimore for Simon but he could not work out a deal with the Ravens. Interesting because Baltimores only weakness on that defense is at the DT position. Balt's defense would have been sick if they signed him and would have made them a SB contender even if Boller is still their QB.

just a thought....anyone think we could do something better with our money then pick up another d lineman?

Ricky Brown said:
just a thought....anyone think we could do something better with our money then pick up another d lineman?
get that pro bowl QB, CB or OL thats out there??

there is no-one else, its suprising that a guy of Simon's ability is around and available at this time of year. He is worth the money that he'll probably get.

Well we would definitely love to have him and frankly it's money much better than spent than what we were going to give to Ty Law. Simon just turned 28 this year in March and DTs continue to play well until usually around 32-33 so offer him a five year deal. If I'm not mistaken we do have the cap room, but cut Zgonina just to make sure.

Then we'll have

pure 4-3 DE- Taylor, Roth, Bowens,
3/4 DE- Carter, Holliday,
one-gap DT- Simon, Vickerson, Shaw
two-gap DT- Traylor, Wright

Once Chester comes back Shaw will most probably go to the practice squad.

Denney is just the LS...

Just saw on ESPN that the Baltimore Ravens are also interested in Corey Simon.... no idea how they could afford him but then again I didn't think there was anyway we could either.

Back
Top Bottom