Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA

RWhitney014 said:
Miami and Tallahassee are farther away from each other than D.C. and Boston. I don't get the coming home point here.

D.C. and Boston are in different states.
Tallahassee and Miami are in the same state.
What dont you get?
Also see Fin Crazys' post.

Nighthawk said:
"show Me The Moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You forgot the "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
(Why?)

Answer:

We need him.

DolphinsFan4evr said:
Im big on Florida State players and ive seen alot of Simon being that i live in the Philly area and i think he would be a good fit.
Saban cant seem to get enough depth at D-line (which is good) and if hes happy weres hes playing Simon could be a big factor.
And like i said he might want to come back to play in Florida.

I agree.....now all we have to do is cut half the roster so that we can afford him.

Corey Simon isn't some fringe player who got cut. He is a Pro Bowl caliber player who was released because he wanted a big long term contract. I can't see him settling for less money to play for the Dolphins when we most likely couldn't give him a deal that would satisfy him.

i would love to see simon here if we could somehow afford it without putting ourselves in caphell then id love to sign this guy

I don't know how many more times I have to say that Simon is overrated. But I will say it again.

He is terrible against the run. He benefited on the pass rush due to widely aggresive blitz schemes. Plus he had a great secondary to help cover receiver in route. Watch tape of this guy against the run and despite having thunder trunks for thighs he gets pushed around every play. He is a solid DT but not pro bowl and definatly not the price tag he garners.

our interest is obvious... we have such a need at DT that we almost have to be interested.

Although we are in need of a DT, the need in Offense is far bigger. So I am not sure if the Dolphins should really invest so much $ in defense again

i honestly think we have a 0% chance of getting corey simon. We know saban likes signing people to 1 year deals, and simon wouldnt sign a 1 yr $5.32M. I believe he will be back in philly come 9/12.

simon is young and good... the kinda player to build a defense around... the article said he wanted 10 million bonus.... sign a 5 year deal that 2 mil a year... thats not completely unreasonable... anyone know what our cap space is anyway... and more importantly how much is feely worth....

Back
Top Bottom