Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA

OneHondo said:
I think Simon is a good defensive tackle and would be a nice addition and insurance policy but he thinks he is great and deserves top ten pay and I really don't think we could fit him in under the cap without hurting ourselves somewhere else

Maybe he would take less to play in S.Fla. South Beach, great weather, no state income tax, Nick Saban (defensive genius), etc.

CashInFist said:
Maybe he would take less to play in S.Fla. South Beach, great weather, no state income tax, Nick Saban (defensive genius), etc.

Nice thought but unfortunately a lot of players have that "But what about the money" attitude.

DolphinsFan4evr said:
Im big on Florida State players and ive seen alot of Simon being that i live in the Philly area and i think he would be a good fit.
Saban cant seem to get enough depth at D-line (which is good) and if hes happy weres hes playing Simon could be a big factor.
And like i said he might want to come back to play in Florida.

WTF r u talking about no depth the d line as a lot of depth

I am sorry.We have already spent too much money on defense.

OneHondo said:
I think Simon is a good defensive tackle and would be a nice addition and insurance policy but he thinks he is great and deserves top ten pay and I really don't think we could fit him in under the cap without hurting ourselves somewhere else

Well Philly was going to pay him top 5 defensive tackle pay because they did franchise tag him. I don't know what happened, but i'd guess he didn't accept the one year tender, and wanted a long term deal. If it were possible I would say the team should bring him in, but I think it would just add another player to the defense that'll eat up cap, that needs to spent on the offense next offseason.

shortywallace1 said:

I think our D-Line is one of our weaker positions, looking long-term. He would be an incredible pickup.

DolphinsFan4evr said:
Im big on Florida State players and ive seen alot of Simon being that i live in the Philly area and i think he would be a good fit.
Saban cant seem to get enough depth at D-line (which is good) and if hes happy weres hes playing Simon could be a big factor.
And like i said he might want to come back to play in Florida.

Miami and Tallahassee are farther away from each other than D.C. and Boston. I don't get the coming home point here.

RWhitney014 said:
Miami and Tallahassee are farther away from each other than D.C. and Boston. I don't get the coming home point here.

He went to high school at Ely in Pompano... that's about 35 minutes away from Dolphin Stadium and about 20 minutes from the training facility in Davie. Pretty close to home if you ask me.

shortywallace1 said:

Did i say NO depth at the D line?
I dont think i did
In fact i know i didnt.
Know how to read?

Back
Top Bottom