Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged8X: Corey Simon/so do we go after?/Corey Simon UFA

igor79 said:
simon is young and good... the kinda player to build a defense around... the article said he wanted 10 million bonus.... sign a 5 year deal that 2 mil a year... thats not completely unreasonable... anyone know what our cap space is anyway... and more importantly how much is feely worth....

I'm pretty sure we're in better cap shape than any of the other teams with interest and we have the need. 2 Mill a year is pretty high though, if he wants to be here I'd expect he'd take a slight pay cut because somebody will sign him eventually.

HysterikiLL said:
I'm pretty sure we're in better cap shape than any of the other teams with interest and we have the need. 2 Mill a year is pretty high though, if he wants to be here I'd expect he'd take a slight pay cut because somebody will sign him eventually.
I assume he wants to get paid, more than he wants to be here.

He is a quality DT, one of the best in the game, his only problem is that most teams caps are tied up around this time of year.

If we have the money,,,,Get him. The defense is going to be on the field a lot this year. If he has a Pro Bowl year,,,, Use him and another to trade for Phillip Rivers and lets stop f#@#ing around about this QB thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you imagine the Ravens' defense if they were to sign him? Scary thought, although I admit they are overrated sometimes but with the addition of Samari and the 46 Defense, man...

I think we need more secondary help than front seven so I wouldn't waste the money but out of those teams mentioned who're interested in him I hope he goes NFC to Seattle because Buffalo, Baltimore, and Indy sure as hell don't need that upgrade!!

"Barnes confirmed the Dolphins called but said several other teams, including Baltimore, Seattle, Baltimore, Buffalo and Indianapolis also called Monday to express interest."

That mean Baltimore called twice?

Corey Simon interested in Miami...

Wow i havent see any threads on Corey Simon being interested in Miami. I thought i would post it, but if there are some already....then my apologies. I think after we cut 15 players, we could make room. I dont think David Bowens is of any need to us, but Keith Traylor is a run stuffer...so thats a hard decision to make

I dont know if this has been said but Shefter reported that a sloth of teams are interested and he did not mention us although there are articles claiming we called for him and he is interested in Miami. Guys that I am wondering that we cut eventually to sign him would be Chester, Thomspson (where the hell has he been?), ect. Guys who make some money and would enable us to manuver. Shefter said Indianapolis was the most intrigueing deal but they are cap strapped. So I think Simon may do a tour.

Fineas said:
The Fins could create the necessary cap space if they wanted to. Zach, JT, and Madison all have contracts that could easily be restructured. They could also create a fairly large pool of cap space witht he following cuts:

Booker ($2.445M) -- In my view, he's fallen behind Boston. He's a nice player, but nothing special. I'd be fine with going with Maurice Mann here at nearly $2.5 million in cap savings.

Turk ($.360M) -- Again, I don't see a huge dropoff to Jones.

DThompson ($.295M)

Zgonina ($.310M) -- I like him, but if we are adding Simon, he's not really necessary.

Romero ($.201M) -- See above.

J. James ($1.545M) -- He's our least versatile OL, as he can only play guard. In my opinion, he's been medicore at best. While it seems crazy to be thinning out on the OL, I think St. Clair could fill the role nearly as well. This is an either/or with St. Clair below.

St. Clair ($.945M)

Seau ($1.195M) -- I love the veteran leadership, etc. but at this stage, is he a better player than Spragan or Crowder. I think we need to get Crowder on the field and I think Spragan has played well. This would be a cut of last resort, but if absolutely necessary, I'd probably do it (or at least try to force him to restructure).

Cutting Booker, James, Romero, Zgonina, Thompson and Turk would create more than $5M in cap room. If you can restructure Zach, JT or Sam, you can avoid some of these cuts and still have enough room for Simon.

I do consider DT a need position, but if, for some reason, some talent shakes loose ont he offensive side of the ball, I'd rather spend the money there.
Are you crazy we do not need to cut Booker, Seau or Zgoninia **** i dont think we should even cut Thompson. Booker is a quality WR even if he is the third on our team he could be a 2nd and has already been a 1st other places

death7star said:
espn said he wanted 15 million in guaranteed money.

we cannot afford that.

Neither can most teams right now. It is amazing to me that he is cut from Philly, they are the biggest tightwads.

ItalianDolFan said:
Wow i havent see any threads on Corey Simon being interested in Miami. I thought i would post it, but if there are some already....then my apologies. I think after we cut 15 players, we could make room. I dont think David Bowens is of any need to us, but Keith Traylor is a run stuffer...so thats a hard decision to make
merge x7...

have you really not seen the threads??

anyone know how much we are under the cap?

ItalianDolFan said:

Good job. I also have a problem understanding the concepts of merge x7. What the heck does that mean? Anyways, I better go start another simon thread.

Philter25 said:
I would like you to meet my friend, I call him Mr Salary Cap.

Whats that, Corey Simon and Mr. Salary Cap dont want to play nicely? I wonder why that is.

yep wanting to play for the Fins, and the Fins having to cut a bunch of players to sign him, just does not add up.

If he wants to be here so bad, let him sign a cap friendly contract, which we know won't happen!

That bad Salary Cap never plays fair, he is a bully!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom